C-Span TV Network  » Media  »
  • From my experience watching it I have noticed that it broadcasts a lot more live government news conferences and briefings than any other channel
  • I believe it's important to be able to watch them from time to time to make sure that they are doing what the voters expect
  • They cover entire floor speeches and I love being able to watch bills being crafted on live TV
  • I can say from experience that you can learn a lot from this channel

• by John

This is a channel that broadcasts mostly government and political gatherings. I have been watching it for years and it’s certainly one of my most favorite channels when it comes to politics. There is no additional charge for it because it’s included with most basic cable and satellite packages. I would certainly suggest checking it out if you haven’t already viewed it.

C-Span shows a lot of things such as presidential speeches and other governmental affairs. From my experience watching it I have noticed that it broadcasts a lot more live government

news conferences and briefings than any other channel. If there is a speech from a politician it will certainly be covered here. Unlike CNN or any other cable channel it always shows the entire video and it never cuts them short.

It also shows live coverage of the House of Representatives when it is in session. Have you ever wanted to know what your elected official is doing in Washington DC? I believe it’s important to be able to watch them from time to time to make sure that they are doing ...

• what the voters expect. If you want the full in sight on how legislators do their job this is certainly a place to go. They cover entire floor speeches and I love being able to watch bills being crafted on live TV. I can say from experience that you can learn a lot from this channel.

Another thing that I love about C-Span is that it doesn’t show any political bias. When it comes to learning about a bill that’s being proposed I don’t have to be concerned about not receiving factual

information. This is a great place to go to in order to get the facts straight without having to have them filtered or changed by a journalist or network.

This is a channel that’s funded by the cable providers and this means that they have very few commercials. Interruptions are very rare and when they happen they are only for short periods of time.

Overall I believe this is a great channel. It’s certainly worth a look because you don’t have to pay anything extra for it. I would suggest it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3917021424570328/k2311a0217/2.17.11