L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect SPF 50  » Cosmetics  »
  • A few days ago I decided to try L'Oreal Paris UV Perfect with SPF 50 as a last resort and really had my fingers crossed that it would work for my skin
  • I bought the beige tint for even complexion
  • I applied the product on clean dry skin for five consecutive days after a shower and here is my experience

• by roshni008

I am currently pursuing my post-graduation in English so I have to go out of my house daily for attending university classes.I have to stay out in the sun and face sun exposure for at least an hour daily.I have an oily skin with a tendency for break-outs and so I have had a lot of difficulty in finding the correct sunscreen for myself.I have tried various brands but all ended up in making my face oily and greasy after some time.I was quite at my wit’s end as I find my face developing brown spots due to sun exposure.Also I sweat a lot so all brands do not suit me.

A few days ago I decided to

try L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect with SPF 50 as a last resort and really had my fingers crossed that it would work for my skin.Before purchasing the product I had written an email to L’Oreal advisor stating my skin type and asking for their recommendation.They recommended L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect SPF 50 which ensures the highest sun protection according to them and is also suited for Asian women.

The product contains L’Oréal patented Mexoryl SX combined with UVB filters and anti free radical agents. UV Perfect also contains PA+++ which provides protection against photo-ageing.It comes in three different tints:

·Even Complexion - Beige Tint.

·Anti-Dullness - Purple Tint.

·Transparent Skin - Non-Tinted.

I bought the beige tint for even complexion.I paid Rs.399 ...

• (INR)[approx.8.77 USD],which I would say is quite expensive for a 30ml product!

I applied the product on clean dry skin for five consecutive days after a shower and here is my experience:

The product has a mild fragrance,does not sting on application even around the eye-area.You will need a small amount for application.The packaging is nice and the product can be easily carried in your purse.It left my face with a radiant finish.However,I would prefer a matte finish as my skin is oily and the shine does not look good on it.

The product got absorbed on application.However an hour after application when I was out of my house I looked into my compact mirror and found my face looking

greasy and I was sweating too! After the entire day I was left with a dull-looking face and all greasy and oily!

Three days later I developed minor rashes on my face which I had a tough time doing away with! I have now given the product to my mother to use as she has a dry skin type.

I wish I could stop my search for the perfect sunscreen here but I am unfortunate that this did not work for me. I will not repurchase this product as my skin has not reacted well to it and it makes my face look so greasy.

If you have oily,acne-prone skin, this might not be the SPF for you! I hope L’Oreal is listening!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117021424500328/k2311a0217/2.17.11