ChapStick Original Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • Later, as I grew up, I left this lip balm behind and just left my lips free from any lip cosmetics because I thought that they were okay already
  • Until one day, I noticed that my lips started to chap again
  • Until one day, I realized that I used to apply ChapStick to save my lips for this kind of problem, so I rushed to the drugstore and bought one
  • I realized that this brand after all this time, ChapStick built its strong reputation for being a good and effective lip balm and the irony is that they are still one of the cheapest brand, which is totally amazing and generous of them
  • So sure, I will definitely buy this lip balm again

• by killswitchthis

The Product The original shade is just white in color that applies clear on my lips.

The container is the standard ChapStick lip balm. It is a white plastic tube with a black label.

This has a sort of vanilla scent but no particular taste.

This has an emollient consistency.

The retail price for this is around or almost $2.

My Thoughts and Opinion I remember, as a kid, ChapStick was the first lip balm that I ever had. I used to have really dry and chapped lips and this lip balm really helped on relieving my lips from that.

Later, as I grew up, I left this lip balm behind and just left my lips free from any lip cosmetics because I thought that they were okay already. Until one day, I noticed that my lips started to chap again. I did some exfoliation but my lips just go back of being

dry and chapped again.

Until one day, I realized that I used to apply ChapStick to save my lips for this kind of problem, so I rushed to the drugstore and bought one. I realized that this brand after all this time, ChapStick built its strong reputation for being a good and effective lip balm and the irony is that they are still one of the cheapest brand, which is totally amazing and generous of them.

After brushing my teeth and exfoliated my lips gently with my toothbrush, I wiped my lips and applied this on. I left this on my lips the whole night, and when I woke up in the morning, I could still feel the moisture on my lips. When I wiped it off, I was surprise that my lips felt really soft and hydrated.

I continued using this day and night, and I no longer get any dry, flaky, and ...

• chapped lips. I also like that this has an added little SPF 4. I know that it is ridiculously small for a sun protection but at least, they still offer sun protection rather than nothing. I have seen a lot of other more expensive lip balms and lip glosses in the market that do not even have a tiny amount of SPF on them.

This could last fairly well on my lips too. This could stand moderate drinking or eating. If I do not eat or drink while wearing this, it could last up to three to four hours.

This also feels really mild and I never got any allergies from this product.

My Final Verdict This seems to be an under rated product just because a lot of other fun brands came out already in the market. But just because this lip balm is pretty basic and classic, it does not mean that

this could not work effectively. This is truly a reliable lip balm. This really saved my lips from dryness. I could see myself using this for a long time. I like that even this is cheap, this still works pretty well on moisturizing my lips, making them healthily moisturized and soft. I would definitely recommend this to all people with chapped or dry lips. However, for those who prefer colored lip balm, then you should look for the other flavors of ChapStick as they also have pink and red colors that could give a decent color pay off.

Pros Cheap, moisturizing, mild scent, has little sun protection, and this could be fairly long lasting too.

Cons For the cheap price and effectiveness of this product, how can I complain? I guess there are no cons for this lip product.

Would I buy this product again?

This will be a staple lip balm for me. So sure, I will definitely buy this lip balm again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117021424490328/k2311a0217/2.17.11