Sally Hansen 2 in 1 Nail White Pencil  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love the look of a french manicure but it is so hard to achieve at home
  • I think this is the principle flaw in this product
  • It is very easy to remove and I like how easy it is to get off, but that is also why I am disappointed in how long it stays on
  • I do recommend it to others who want something really quick but who do not want the hassle of having to use nail polish remover

• by loveitorleaveit

I love the look of a french manicure but it is so hard to achieve at home. I have tried all the drugstore options to create the look.

The sally hansen manicure pencil has two features. It has a curved tip that is used to gently push your cuticles back after you have soaked them in warm water. Under the cap is a pencil. It works like a normal pencil, you wet the tip and draw under your nail to leave a white line. You can either use it on unpolished nails or under nails with a neutral shade.

The ease of use could not be easier. It is very easy to use. The tip does break off a lot and leaves you with hard chunks of white under your nail. It is very easy to use, but I have hurt myself many times with it. In order to get the color to be even under your nails

you need the tip really sharp and you need to really push it under your nail or you only have color on the tips of your nails and it looks odd. To really get the look you want you end up almost pushing your nail so far that it hurts. I think this is the principle flaw in this product.

I have to say that this is a very easy and quick way to get a french manicure. To do all ten fingers takes about 2 minutes. The dry time is minimal which is a plus. It takes less than 2 minutes for all 10 to dry which is very nice. I am happy with the dry time.

My biggest complaint other than the pain involved with this product is that it does not last. If you put it on before a date your nails will look good pretty much only until you get home. It is ...

• not an actual nail polish and every time you get your nails wet when washing it wears off. I can only give it a 4 for durability.

It is a nice feature that you need only use soap and not nail polish remover to get it off. It is very easy to remove and I like how easy it is to get off, but that is also why I am disappointed in how long it stays on.

As far as the cuticle stick, it is hard and hurts. It is not very well made. I have used it a few times but I find it to be too rough and I use my regular one instead. It is nice that it comes with a cuticle stick, but the function is just bad.

I know this is a really mixed review. I give it an overall 6. I do recommend it to others who want something really quick but who do not

want the hassle of having to use nail polish remover. If you want it to last more than a night do not buy this, it lasts only a short period of time. Nothing I have ever done has made it last longer than a night. Luckily the stick will keep in your drawer for years and will still work so you may be able to get your money’s worth. It only costs $3 so even if you hate it you are not out a lot of money. I always keep one on handy just in case but it is my least attractive method and least effective manor of giving myself a french manicure but it is the quickest and that is why I continue to purchase it.

Pros: Quick to apply Quick to dry Keeps a long time in drawer or cabinet.

No odd smell.

Does not need remover to come off.

Only costs $3

Cons: Wears off quickly Hurts to apply correctly.

Cuticle tip is cheaply made and hurts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116021424340228/k2311a0216/2.16.11