SeaPak Coconut Shrimp
  • Unfortunately, when it came to overall quality, it ended up being just about everything
  • In fact, when it came to the shrimp itself, I was very disappointed to discover there was hardly any meat to it
  • I think there was more shrimp meat in the cheaper, smaller popcorn shrimp I picked up to go with this
  • Had this product been around $4 like the popcorn shrimp, I might have been more willing to recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: A box of frozen breaded shrimp covered in a coconut coating. Comes with a dipping sauce and is available for about $11 at Walmart. What I liked about this product: At first, I wasn’t overly thrilled about the $11 price tag on the box since I just picked up a box of popcorn shrimp for less than $4.

But, there was quite a bit inside the box, about 36

pieces and they were decent sized so, overall, as far as quantity goes at least, I do feel there was some value. What I didn’t like about this product: Unfortunately, when it came to overall quality, it ended up being just about everything.

First, the coconut taste wasn’t all that it was cracked up to be. I expected it to compliment the natural flavor of the shrimp.

I wasn’t expecting it ...

• to be the only thing I tasted. In fact, when it came to the shrimp itself, I was very disappointed to discover there was hardly any meat to it.

The pieces were almost all breading. I think there was more shrimp meat in the cheaper, smaller popcorn shrimp I picked up to go with this.

The dipping sauce was not what I was expecting it to be. It was very spicy

and very watery.

If you buy this product (which means you don’t listen to my advice anyway), make sure to pick up a separate thing of sauce. You will thank me later.

My Final Opinion: Had this product been around $4 like the popcorn shrimp, I might have been more willing to recommend it. But, as expensive as it was, I just can’t justify saying this was a good product because I really don’t feel it was worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716021424100228/k2311a0216/2.16.11