Remington D4444 Shine Therapy Hair Dryer
  • One unique feature about this hairdryer that I like is the 'shine therapy' treatment it provides
  • To that end, I think the conditioning therapy is a bonus, but not a necessity
  • The manufacturers recommend that while drying your hair, one should press the shine therapy button so that it releases conditioner onto your hair
  • Granted, it is an expensive dryer, but in my opinion the results are worth the price
  • One problem about it that bothered me a lot was its weight

• by tolstoy

I was given a Remington Shine Therapy Hairdryer as a present. About the Remington Shine Therapy D444 Hairdryer. It was bought from Boots, but can also be found at many other Remington stockists. It is a costly hairdryer; it retails at £48.75 at Boots but its price varies from retailer to retailer so it may be wise to shop around before buying one.

One unique feature about this hairdryer that I like is the ’shine therapy’ treatment it provides. Basically, this is in the form of a cartridge that is attached to the hairdryer. It comes supplied with two cartridges and each lasts around 40 uses. Replacement cartridges can be found from Remington stockists. For example in Boots, each cartridge retails at £5.89.

Attaching and removing the cartridges is as easy as following very simplified illustrated instructions, and I had no problems whatsoever

doing this. Each cartridge holds a conditioner in liquid form. This turns into vapor by the heat. It is then evenly blow dried onto the hair as you please by pressing a button on the dryer.

I have to say that the hairdryer is the heaviest. The handle is really light but the top part of it feels very heavy and this is very noticeable when you are using it. However, it is also one of the quietest hair dryers that I have ever used.

This hairdryer could be used with or without its cartridges. When using it without the cartridges, it still provides ionic conditioning, which personally is all I want out of a hairdryer since it makes may hair not very tangled. To that end, I think the conditioning therapy is a bonus, but not a necessity.

The manufacturers recommend ...

• that while drying your hair, one should press the shine therapy button so that it releases conditioner onto your hair. The first time I used this feature, I did not know what to expect. When I first pressed it, nothing actually happened and I felt that the conditioning mechanism had broken down. I therefore consulted the manual which explained that the vapor is usually released as very small particles so that it doesn’t weigh down the hair, so it’s very difficult to see the vapor. In order to check if any conditioner was being released, it advised me to direct the dryer onto a mirror then press the button to see if droplets form on it. I did this and discovered that it was in fact working. I then continued to dry my hair with the shine therapy and I must say
        that afterwards, my hair was softer and smoother than it had ever been before. It was also frizz free, meaning that I didn’t have to use any straighteners.

All in all, I adore this hair dryer and I would recommend it to anyone who needs one. It takes a short time to get an ides of how often to use the shine therapy conditioner; after using it a few times you just know what works best for you. Granted, it is an expensive dryer, but in my opinion the results are worth the price. One problem about it that bothered me a lot was its weight; I would have loved it to have been a bit lighter, but apart from that, I cant figure out anything that would be wrong with this dryer. My hair now looks fantastic, and its all thanks to this dryer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616021424020128/k2311a0216/2.16.11