The Number 23  » Movies  »
1.0
  • Why did Joel Schumaker agree to make this film
  • The Number 23 is one of those movies you regret

• by Julian Kelly
      I keep asking one question. ” why?” Why did someone decide to write this screenplay? Why did Joel Schumaker agree to make this film? Why did a production company think this would make a good movie idea? Why would Jim

Carrey follow up a career in more serious films which had been going so well, until now, with a movie that could only be best perceived as a joke.

I keep trying to rationalize this.

Maybe the editor messed the story up by randomly splicing scenes together that made no sense? Maybe there is something I missed?…other then 2 hours of my life that I will never get back.

The Number 23 is one of those movies you regret.

Horrendously ...

• The Number 23
      predictable, it teases you into thinking the story is about to take a turn and go somewhere unique, but it never does.

It just keeps you waiting.

and waiting …and waiting.

I even sat through the credits, hoping for some extra

clips that might clarify things for me.

Jim Carrey’s acting was often times, far too melodramatic.

People were cracking up in laughter during the most serious parts of the film.

I seriously considered walking out…and by the end, I wished I had.

The Number 23

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112903142360931/k2311a0329/3.29.07