Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines  » Travel  »
Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines
  • I think it was really convenient since we didn’t have to go the downtown Cebu just to buy it
  • Overall, I really enjoyed my vacation there and I plan to go back and try dolphin watching

• by ellenoresc

There are many beautiful places in the Philippines that the world has yet to discover. Of course, one of the most famous beaches here is Boracay, but if you’re not the “party-by-the beach” type of person, then you might want to try Panglao Island, Bohol. It also has the fine-powdered white sand similar to that of Boracay’s, but the shoreline is not teeming with bars and loud house music at night. There are few

bars but you can still quietly sit by the shore, feel the ocean breeze and listen to the waves.

Hanging out by the beach is not the only activity that you can do while in Panglao. Most of the resorts in the area offer countryside tours and dolphin watching. At that time, we only had 1 whole to spend there so we chose the countryside tour because we wanted to see what Bohol is famous ...

• for, the tarsiers and Chocolate Hills. We also visited one of the oldest churches in the Philippines, and the museum in it. Along the way, we also went to a souvenir shop and bought peanut kisses, which is unique to Bohol and some “danggit”, a famous dried-fish product of Cebu. I think it was really convenient since we didn’t have to go the downtown Cebu just to buy it.

The downside is that the

travel time from the resort to the tourist attractions was quite long. I read on other websites that it’s cheaper to just rent motorcyles to get you there, but for us, it was more convenient to hire the service vehicle of the resort, plus the entire travel experience was comfortable since we had our own car with driver.

Overall, I really enjoyed my vacation there and I plan to go back and try dolphin watching.

Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3816021423480128/k2311a0216/2.16.11