Suave Max-Hold Volumizing Hair Mousse
  • I bought this product because I have fine, limp hair, and I'm always looking for ways to give it a boost – but volumizing gels feel too heavy, and are also gooey and unpleasant to use
  • As far as the volume it achieved, I would say it was better than some but still a little disappointing just because it wasn't super amazing like every product claims
  • I would not be opposed to using this product again in the future, though, and would certainly recommend you give it a try

• by Laura Gordon

I bought this product because I have fine, limp hair, and I’m always looking for ways to give it a boost – but volumizing gels feel too heavy, and are also gooey and unpleasant to use. I loved the idea of a foaming mousse instead. Not only is it much lighter in weight and cleaner in consistency, it’s fun to use! Just push on the nozzle, and out it comes, like perfect whipped cream.

I would say that this product was fairly good quality. It was extremely light,

which was what I was going for, but also overall just pleasant to use. It had a very pleasant smell, and wasn’t overly sticky or anything. It spread nicely throughout my hair and lasted a long time – even with my nearly waist-length locks! I used it for a matter of months – 4-6, roughly, though it’s hard to say because I didn’t use it every single day.

As far as the volume it achieved, I would say it was better than some but still a little disappointing just ...

• because it wasn’t super amazing like every product claims. It gave me some volume, and gave my hair a fairly pleasant, light and feathery texture, but it would wilt by the end of the day. And, if I happened to use to much, my hair would sometimes turn out stringy.

I would not be opposed to using this product again in the future, though, and would certainly recommend you give it a try. It was a nice product to have, and it probably reacts differently to different types of

hair as well.

One of its quirks is probably common with any foam-dispenser, really: after you hold it down and spray your fill into your palm, releasing the nozzle doesn’t immediately cut off the stuff’s output. I would set it back on the counter, and it would continue to slowly dispense the product until there was a string of it curled about the top – then I would have to find somewhere to apply the extra. But it’s really no big deal – just a quirk.

Overall, a very decent product!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116021423081228/k2311a0216/2.16.11