Family Guy TV Episode: It’s a Trap  » TV  »
  • This made it much easier to follow in my opinion
  • I know, I have a dark side to me for thinking that, but I thought it was pretty funny
  • It wasn't as good as Blue Harvest but it still was one of the better Family Guy episodes I have seen and I would definitely recommend watching it

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: This hour-long episode is a sequel to Blue Harvest and Something, Something, Something Dark Side. Much like the two episodes before it, it spoofs the Star Wars trilogy by poking fun at the film Return of the Jedi.

What I liked about this episode: A lot of Star Wars spoofs pretty much ignore the plot of the

actual movies.

I liked the fact this one followed the plot (minus some scenes) and just incorporated the jokes into that plot.

This made it much easier to follow in my opinion.

The jokes were actually pretty clever too.

I loved that scene where Brian (playing Chewbacca) captures an Imperial Walker and starts shooting innocent woodland creatures.

I know, I have a dark side to me for thinking that, but I thought it was pretty funny; along withthe fact the cute, cuddly Ewoks are actually meat eaters that love snacking on the dead, including their own.

The final battle between Stewie Vader and Luke (Chris) was pretty funny too; especially with the comments trashing Seth Green ...

• Family Guy TV Episode: It's a Trap
      (who does the voice of Chris) and Stewie’s message about the power of saying please.

What I didn’t like about this episode: There are way too many add-in characters from American Dad and the Cleveland Show.

First of all, if you don’t watch those shows, you’ll have no clue who they are.

Secondly, they are irritating to watch

in their own series so why would I want to watch them in this one? It would have been better to see more guest stars.

My Final Opinion: It wasn’t as good as Blue Harvest but it still was one of the better Family Guy episodes I have seen and I would definitely recommend watching it; especially if you can get the unedited version on DVD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1015021422550228/k2311a0215/2.15.11