Charlie’s Grind and Grill’s Angus Philly Cheese Steak sandwich  » Food  »
  • I truly recommend this meal to anyone who wishes to dine at Charlie’s

• by tabs

I have been frequenting Charlie’s Grill quite a bit. I have tried their Angus burger and Buffalo Wings, but I have yet to try their famous Philly Cheese steak sandwich.

I have heard a lot of raves about this, but everytime I go to Charlie’s I would always order my favorite Angus burger and then I would be so full I would not have the appetite to eat other stuff. One night I stopped myself from ordering my favorite meal and decided to go for their Philly Cheese steak

sandwich.

I ordered the certified Angus Philly Cheese steak sandwich. Take note that in Charlie’s there are 2 types of Philly Cheese steaks. There is the Certified Angus and the Batangas Sirlion grassfed beef. The price varies for both. The Certified Angus is more expensive than the Batangas Sirlion beef. I will post another review about the different between these two. However what I will be reviewing here is the Certified Angus Philly Cheese steak.

An order of this meal costs around $10 for their Hungry version, and $12 for their Starving version. Of course, the Hungry meal is slightly smaller than the Starving counterpart. I have ordered the Starving version. It came with fat French fries deeply fried to perfection!

So what can I say about the Angus Philly Cheese steak sandwich? It was heavenly. When the basket of meal came to my table, I immediately smelled the scent of good beef. The beef smelled so good. There are a lot of caramelized onions too. The cheese they served it with was good old Cheddar cheese. The whole ...

• Charlie's Grind and Grill's Angus Philly Cheese Steak sandwich
      sandwich measures around a foot. The bread is perfect because it was soft in the middle yet firm at the edges, so with every bite of this sandwich I could really feel the softness and the good taste of the bread. The beef they put was really a generous amount. These were small cut beef tenderloin tips that smelled so good (and fresh) covered with a lot of caramelized onions. The caramelized onions gave the sandwich a good sweet taste, and the Cheddar cheese really contrasts with the
      sweetness of the onions.

Overall I would say that this meal is really worth its price. My husband and I could not finish the Starving meal (we split it into two). I guess I must have eaten a lot of fries so I got full right away. I loved how Charlie’s is able to serve gourmet-style Philly Cheese steaks. I was so full and happy after eating this meal. I truly recommend this meal to anyone who wishes to dine at Charlie’s!

Charlie’s can be found at Ortigas Avenue corner Santolan Street.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714021422220328/k2311a0214/2.14.11