Sleep Innovations 12 inch Sure Temp Memory Foam mattress  » Health  »
  • After having tried a memory foam topper for awhile and loving it, until my poor mattress finally just collapsed, I decided to try a memory foam mattress
  • I am not a fan of VOC’s as I had a problem with some carpeting once and nearly had to have it taken out
  • That was one of the best sleeps I have ever had
  • My lower back is much less stiff in the morning, and I know if I “overdo” it some days, I will not be tossing and turning all night
  • For that matter, I’d recommend it to anyone who didn’t have those conditions too– because it is just a blissfully comfortable bed for anyone

• by reviewabit

After having tried a memory foam topper for awhile and loving it, until my poor mattress finally just collapsed, I decided to try a memory foam mattress. With the entire mattress made of memory foam, I knew I would not run into the same problems of spots where the topper just wasn’t enough to make up for the huge lumps in an old spring mattress. It was pretty affordable given the size of it and the fact it was solid memory foam, and I got free shipping with the order. It came in a huge box which I had to have help getting into the house. The mattress was rolled up inside, and the instructions said to unfold it and let it settle for a couple of days.

We did as instructed. There was a pretty strong chemical odor emanating from the mattress.

I am not a fan of VOC’s as I had a problem with some carpeting once and nearly had to have it taken out. I was hoping this would not be of the same intensity.

I left the mattress in the spare bedroom, spread across the bed, with the door shut and the windows open. I even put a towel under the door. That might seem a bit extreme, but it’s because of getting ill once before with the carpet fumes. It can be dangerous.

I did not want my cats inhaling the chemicals either so that’s why I completely sealed off the room. Within a couple of days, the smell was gone– what a relief. I moved the bed over to the master bedroom where I sleep. It fit perfectly where the old mattress was removed.

I covered it with a waterproof mattress ...

• cover. Those readers with multiple cats will understand why. This also helped to contain any left over chemical off gassing. I couldn’t wait to try out the new bed.

Sitting on it, it felt great. I took a nice hot bath, and climbed in. It was a lot like melting into a cloud. That was one of the best sleeps I have ever had! I am so glad I chose this mattress and not a more expensive spring mattress I was debating.

I have fibromyalgia, and often suffer muscle and joint pains. This mattress eases the suffering a great deal. I am able to lie on my side much more comfortably than with my old mattress. I have a shoulder problem that prevented me from lying on the left side for any longer than an hour or so.

Now I can sleep

on it all night without pain! My lower back is much less stiff in the morning, and I know if I “overdo” it some days, I will not be tossing and turning all night. I bought the mattress in the winter, and I loved the way it engulfed me with warmth. In the summer, this was a bit of a negative, as I often found myself waking too hot, even though the room was cool. I fixed this problem by adding a thin mattress topper made of regular egg-crate foam.

This allowed more circulation of air, and kept me from getting too hot. I would heartily recommend this mattress to anyone who has fibromyalgia or chronic pain of any kind. For that matter, I’d recommend it to anyone who didn’t have those conditions too– because it is just a blissfully comfortable bed for anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414021422060228/k2311a0214/2.14.11