Kellogg’s Crispix Cereal  » Food  »
  • I like cereal like that, because each little waffle has lines crossing over each other, with little holes in between
  • But I have noticed that Crispix is especially crunchy, more so than many other cereals I have eaten
  • So I think this is a good cereal for people who want to eat something light but healthy for breakfast, and it is a guilt-free cereal because it isn't sprinkled with sugar

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Kellogg’s Crispix cereal used to be one of my favorite cereals. I don’t eat much cereal anymore. I am not really a breakfast person, like I used to be when I was younger. But Crispix has a lot going for it. It is very similar in style to the Chex cereals, but it is in a hexagon shape instead of a square shape. That alone makes Crispix inviting and appealing to look at, because how often do we see cereal that is shaped like a hexagon? Each piece of Crispix cereal looks almost like

a tiny waffle, except it is not round. I like cereal like that, because each little “waffle” has lines crossing over each other, with little holes in between. So milk flows through the holes and makes each spoonful more flavorful.

But I have noticed that Crispix is especially crunchy, more so than many other cereals I have eaten. And what is unique about it is that one side of the waffle is made of rice and the other side is made of corn. That way, you get the flavor of both rice and corn in ...

• each bite. You also get the health benefits of both the rice and the corn in Crispix, and it is nice to know that it contains no fat or cholesterol.

So I think this is a good cereal for people who want to eat something light but healthy for breakfast, and it is a guilt-free cereal because it isn’t sprinkled with sugar. I get tired of eating cereal flakes all the time, so Crispix is a nice change from that. And I think it is clever that you are getting a two-in-one kind of cereal,

which means that you don’t need to buy one box of Rice Chex and another box of Corn Chex. It’s like you are getting both boxes for the price of one box.

Crispix would make a good snack, too, if you don’t mind eating it dry. That way it will not get soggy from milk. It is a healthy substitute for potato chips, which can be greasy and salty. Wegman’s supermarket sells a 12 ounce box of Crispix for $2.99. I think it is a great cereal for everyone, especially if you love crunchy cereals.

Kellogg's Crispix Cereal

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714021421820228/k2311a0214/2.14.11