Black and Decker Mouse Sander  » Housewares  »
  • I’m not much of a handyman, but with the current economy I decided I should try to save some money on the painting we needed to do

• by Mikaelyn Briana

I’m not much of a handyman, but with the current economy I decided I should try to save some money on the painting we needed to do. I wanted a sander that was small, inexpensive, and easy to use, to remove the lumpy plaster areas on my walls, and to rough up the surface for the paint to adhere to. All of that

was made possible with my little Black and Decker Mouse Sander.

I love the shape of this sander! It’s small enough to fit into my hand, which makes it nice for me to not miss any areas, and it has a point on one end for corners, so I can do detailed sanding as well. I was expecting that a small sander like this would have a horribly loud sound, but it was surprisingly quiet.

I did find that the little sander got a bit hot if I used it for long amounts of time, so I would do small sections of the wall at a time. Also, I was really hoping for a bag for the dust by the time I was done.

I ...

• Black and Decker Mouse Sander
      saw sanders with bags to vacuum up the dust when sanding, but I really needed a sander this size so I went with it instead. In the future I’ll probably get one with a bag.

I wore a mask to keep from breathing it in. The sander came with a plastic case and dozens of sanding papers.

I kept some out for tracing

so that I could purchase cheaper replacements and cut them to size. I also used this for a bit of polishing and I was thrilled with the results.

It looked almost as if I was putting down a light layer of epoxy. My son does small woodworking projects and I’m certain I’ll be putting this sander to use for those as well.

Definitely recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5313021421210628/k2311a0213/2.13.11