Village Barber Shop  » Business  »
3372 Village Dr, Castro Valley, CA 94546
  • I'm fairly picky when it comes to my haircuts, and every single time I've gone anywhere but here, I've been disappointed
  • On proud display high on the wall above their mirrors are numerous best barber shop in the bay area awards from various years in the early to mid 2000's, of which they definitely deserved
  • This shop is highly recommended if you're in the area and are looking for a fun, friendly and talkative haircut experience

• by 180 calories

I’m fairly picky when it comes to my haircuts, and every single time I’ve gone anywhere but here, I’ve been disappointed.

These guys, however, never let me down. I’ve been exclusively (save for a couple emergency haircuts needed on a day this shop is closed) coming to the Castro Village Barber Shop for thirteen years now. It’s completely walk-in friendly, there are no appointments necessary.

This shop has a great, classic/old-timey atmosphere, and the banter between

the barbers is always entertaining. On proud display high on the wall above their mirrors are numerous “best barber shop in the bay area” awards from various years in the early to mid 2000’s, of which they definitely deserved.

The barbers themselves are very personable and friendly. They’re very lenient if you have some sort of complaint or request with the finished cut, they’re more than willing to go back and fix it to make ...

• you happy without fuss. While having a discussion on how times were hard at work, Al (the shop owner, stationed at the first chair when you walk in) gave me a half off “working student’s price” haircut completely on his own accord.

The wait times are never too long, as the busier hours are covered by more barbers. For the most part, however, any time I’ve came in… I didn’t have to wait any longer

than a few minutes before a chair opened up. During the weekdays, they’re open until a very generous 5:30 P.M.

The price is average for a nice and timely haircut, $18 for a basic mens cut and a decent tip turn this into a $25 trip every time, but that’s nothing considering the service you receive here.

This shop is highly recommended if you’re in the area and are looking for a fun, friendly and talkative haircut experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4113021420880628/k2311a0213/2.13.11