Kleenex Anti Viral Facial Tissue 75 ct box
2.5
  • When I first saw this product on the shelf, it seemed like a really neat idea, and on impulse I bought a box
  • The first time I used one I noticed another thing– a slight smell
  • It was an interesting idea, but a bit impractical– and not a comfortable product in actual use

• by reviewabit

When I first saw this product on the shelf, it seemed like a really neat idea, and on impulse I bought a box. They are not much more expensive than the regular tissues, and although I am more of a Puffs fan, Kleenex brand is sort of the gold standard and it is a good brand. Even before I got the box open at home, I started rethinking the whole concept. An anti-viral tissue is great– if you are sharing it with someone.

Who shares a tissue with anyone? Gross! After all, if you are using a lot of them, you probably have a cold already so it can’t protect you from your own germs. It might help to keep your hands cleaner for when you

are touching door knobs, etc. That could be a benefit.

But really, it’s mostly a waste of disinfectant. Tissues go into the trash after you use them, and it’s not likely anyone will pick through the trash to be exposed to them after that. I suppose if you were really, really sick and were just lying in a pool of sweat and dirty tissues, it would benefit whoever had to clean up the mess- but still they would get exposed to germs on the bed sheets.

Eventually my old box of tissue ran out and I opened the anti-viral Kleenex. The first thing that struck me right away is how markedly un-soft they are compared to most Kleenex products. These were more the texture I would expect from a store brand– ...

• and it would have to be a pretty crummy store at that.

The first time I used one I noticed another thing– a slight smell. This prompted me to take a look at what exactly was on these tissues. The middle layer contains citric acid and sodium lauryl sulphate.

These are pretty common and safe ingredients that are used in a lot of household and healthcare products, so I was relieved that it wasn’t anything terribly toxic. I blew my nose and although it was not as soft as I was accustomed to, it was acceptable. There are little blue dots on the tissue to mark that they are the anti viral ones, if anyone can remember what they mean.

The words “anti viral” might have been more effective.

/> I was actually ok with the tissues until I had a bad allergy attack. With very frequent sneezing and blowing that morning, my nose became sore.

It was then that I realized, the anti-viral chemicals on the tissues can be quite irritating to a sore nose. So between the not-so-softness and the irritation from the virus killers, this is not a pleasant choice to use if you have a serious need for tissue, like a cold. I cannot imagine having a bad cold and having these as my only choice of tissue.

That would add insult to injury. So, basically, I have to give this product a thumbs down. It was an interesting idea, but a bit impractical– and not a comfortable product in actual use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413021420680528/k2311a0213/2.13.11