Marcal Fluff Out 2 Ply Facial Tissues 100 ct box
0.5
  • Generally, I think of facial tissue as a health aid
  • I’ve been a bit spoiled, as I normally buy Puffs Plus with lotion, which I consider to be the best tissue on the market
  • I found a box of tissues in the library, sitting out for anyone to use
  • There was a pretty decent grade of paper, but the problem was there was only a small bit left on the roll, and it was the last one
  • I would not recommend the Marcal tissues to anyone, unless you plan on using them to sand something with, and even then, they probably wouldn’t hold up

• by reviewabit

There are a few products on the market that fall far below standard. Generally, I think of facial tissue as a health aid. I normally use it for a cold, allergy, or watering eyes. For all of these things, I want a product that is effective, strong, gentle, and affordable. I’ve been a bit spoiled, as I normally buy Puffs Plus with lotion, which I consider to be the best tissue on the market.

I have, however, used many Kleenex products and even some generics or store brands that were more than adequate. This review is about a little box of tissue I was stuck with for one afternoon. While

I was working at the church by myself one evening, I started developing a bad head cold. It had been threatening me all day with random sneezes and a sore throat, but now it was blossoming into full force.

My nose started running uncontrollably. I was feverish, I ached all over, I felt horrible. I quickly went through all the Puffs tissues that I had in my purse, so I had to look for an alternative. I found a box of tissues in the library, sitting out for anyone to use.

With a promise that I would replace the box the next day, I took it in with me to the church

office where I was working on the computer. My nose was already tender at this point. I took out one of the tissues for a big sneeze and boy was I an for a surprise. First, the tissue was a grade higher than sandpaper.

I felt like I could actually feel the wood splinters it was made from. My nose, already sore, was now actually burning from the friction of this horrible excuse for a facial tissue– which is supposed to be comforting and soft. They are also supposed to be at least somewhat durable. This was a two ply tissue, but so thin were the layers that it could take only ...

•  Marcal Fluff Out 2 Ply Facial Tissues 100 ct box
      one sneeze and come out dripping wet.

How disgusting! It was literally falling apart. I used three more tissues just to clean up the sneeze. The more I used, the more sore my nose got. I finally decided it was not worth punishing myself, so I went to the restroom, with hopes that a softer toilet paper would be in there that I could use instead.

There was a pretty decent grade of paper, but the problem was there was only a small bit left on the roll, and it was the last one. I didn’t want anyone to be stuck without toilet paper, so I left, defeated. I was stuck with

the tissues from hell for three more hours. I decided I simply had to know what kind they were so I would never, ever, ever buy any by mistake.

I took off the decorative box cover, and found a box of Marcal 2 Ply Facial Tissue. I made a mental note of the name. Once I got home, there was a nice, soft, brand new box of Puffs waiting for me in the closet, and it went with me everywhere until I got over my cold. I would not recommend the Marcal tissues to anyone, unless you plan on using them to sand something with, and even then, they probably wouldn’t hold up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413021420640528/k2311a0213/2.13.11