Deer Brand Refined Camphor Tablets 16 blocks  » Health  »
3.7
  • It worked really well to stop the woozy feeling, and I love the smell of it
  • The last time I had some bad congestion, I decided instead of rubbing Vicks all over my chest like I normally do, I would try the blocks out
  • It’s much more convenient than the oil and I don’t have to worry about spilling it
  • I think camphor is very underused and underrated as an aromatherapy tool
  • I would highly recommend this product both for its health benefits, and the great variety of other needs it is capable of filling

• by reviewabit

I became a fan of camphor when my grandmother introduced me to her camphor oil once when I was having spells of feeling faint. It worked really well to stop the woozy feeling, and I love the smell of it. Since then I have learned of other uses for camphor, and when I read that it would work as an inhalant for congestion by placing blocks in a pillowcase and putting in the bed or under the pillows, I had to try that out– so I ordered the camphor blocks made by Deer. I read of even more new ways to use the product from their product info, and I have already tried a few of them.

my chest like I normally do, I would try the blocks out. I put a few wrapped in some soft cotton and placed them under my pillow. I could smell them all night long, and it was a very soothing effect.

I don’t think the vapors were strong enough to actually clear any congestion, but it certainly made the air in my lungs and sinuses seem cooler and that felt very soothing. I love the smell of Vicks, but this has a purer, cleaner smell by itself. It’s a great air freshener/ deodorizer.

I placed a few blocks in a musty closet, and within two days, no more musty smell at all. It almost seems to clean the air. I have heard that it repels spiders and other nasty bugs, so ...

• I threw a couple in some tops of closets too.

The blocks work just as well as the oil for “smelling salts. ” When my mom was getting over a virus, she felt faint when standing up for a long time, so I gave her a little block in a cup. Whenever she went to get up for the bathroom, she would take a nice deep breath of it– and she would be ok.

This was important, as she does not have good balance anyway. The little block may have saved her a nasty fall or serious injury. Sometimes if I am feeling nauseous, inhaling the camphor aroma seems to help too.

I have not heard of it being used this way, I just sort of discovered it by accident. If

I am out of the house and not feeling well, I can take a block with me to ease nausea. It’s much more convenient than the oil and I don’t have to worry about spilling it.

I admit, sometimes I just smell it for the sheer fun of it. It smells great. It fills your sinuses with a cool, fresh feeling, and seems to alleviate stress to some degree for me.

I think camphor is very underused and underrated as an aromatherapy tool. I would highly recommend this product both for its health benefits, and the great variety of other needs it is capable of filling. This is one old-fashioned product that should not be overlooked– and the Deer brand is great.

The product was affordable, potent, high quality, and nicely packaged.

quick note by anonymous :

Can one dezolve the cubes in hot water let it cool off an drink it.

Galega says :

If a medicine is supposed to be dissolved before taking it, then you will clearly find that in the instructions.

You should not dissolve it in the hot water. If you are not able to swallow it, then ask your physician the right way to have it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413021420630528/k2311a0213/2.13.11