From Super Ferry to Suffer Ferry  » Cruises/Ferries  »
1.5
  • They even make it a point to consider special preferences of its passengers
  • I found out to my dismay, that the WG had been bought out by the A so it was no longer WG&A but just A now running the shipping line

• by Dontec
      During our 4 year stay in the Cebu we have had to journey to Manila more than several times in a year for some special occasions and important family events. Most of the time we go by boat especially when we travel with our children and other members of our very large family. Two shipping lines that cover the route of Cebu to Manila are WG&A’s Super Ferries and Sulpicio’s Princess Lines.

Each has its pros and cons. Sulpicio’s vessels are relatively older and worn out compared to WG&A’s Super Ferries and is often slow thus it arrives usually late at its point of destination, but the service and food

is good.

They even make it a point to consider special preferences of its passengers. In addition to the positive of Sulpicio, their prices are slightly lower as well.

Food service is a major consideration for such a trip because it takes approximately 21 hours to complete. Not to mention boarding time, docking and disembarkation.

WG&A’s Super Ferries on the other hand have vessels that are in a bit of a better condition and have some added facilities like an onboard Jacuzzi and swimming pool in one of their vessels. Food service used to be satisfactory and the prices of their fares were slightly higher compared to the other liner,

• but still within reason.

However in our recent voyage with the Super Ferry I was appalled with the quality of food that we were served even if we had tourist accommodations at that! Meals were included in the fare prices we had paid for but to say that the meals were horrendous would be an understatement! Cold hard rice, cold soup and reheated bar-b-q chicken!? Alternative meals were available but had to be purchased separately. What an outrage! We had already paid for our meals but apparently the meals worth eating were not what we had paid for.

This was not the case a year ago. What happened? I

found out to my dismay, that the “WG” had been bought out by the “A” so it was no longer “WG&A” but just “A” now running the shipping line.

With such a lousy devaluation of service they should not only change the “WG&A” to just “A”, but all together change “Super” Ferries to “Suffer” Ferries. It’s too bad really, they were doing well was WG&A.

I strongly believe that “A” has a lot of catching up to do in the area of customer service and satisfaction. If I were to choose now between these two shipping lines I’d go with the one that is slower than the one that would make me suffer!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 429081420331/k2311a0829/8.29.05