Careline Lip Gloss Enriched with Vitamin E in 108  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion I really admire that rich, dark red lip color that I mostly see on the celebrities and catalog models
  • I found luck from my Cover Girl Wetslicks in Burgandazzle but I thought that I should look around for local cosmetic brands that could match its beautiful bold red color
  • When I bought my first Careline lip gloss on a different shade, I saw this and planned to buy it next time, and so I did
  • However, I noticed that the color tends to unevenly spread, so I decided to wipe it off and reapplied this without any lip gloss or lip balm prior
  • I would definitely recommend this to other ladies, most especially for those who are fans of retro red lip look

• by hidge

The Product Number 108 shade is a maroon red color with no shimmers or annoying glitters.

The container is a plastic, test tube-like shape with a chrome colored cap where the doe-foot applicator is attached.

This has a sweet watermelon scent but I did not detect any sweet taste, however.

This has a medium consistency and more of like a liquid lipstick.

This costs Php60 or less than $2.

My Experience and Opinion I really admire that rich, dark red lip color that I mostly see on the celebrities and catalog models. I have also tried a few red lipsticks and lip glosses but most of them ended up disappointing as they were not strong enough reds. I found luck from my Cover Girl Wetslicks in Burgandazzle but I thought that I should look around for local cosmetic brands that could match its beautiful bold red color.

When I bought my first Careline lip gloss on

a different shade, I saw this and planned to buy it next time, and so I did. When I finally tried this particular maroon red shade, my hopes were really high due to the impressive color payoff that I got from the other shades of this lip gloss. I applied this on top of a clear lip gloss as I have mentioned on my previous reviews about this lip gloss, this has the tendency of ending up as a semi-matte finish. I thought that with the help of a clear gloss, this could really be glossy on my lips. However, I noticed that the color tends to unevenly spread, so I decided to wipe it off and reapplied this without any lip gloss or lip balm prior. At that time, the color spread evenly on my lips but one thing made me feel disappointed. Unlike the other shades of this which turned out to ...

• be more vibrant and pigmented on my lips, this turned out to be less darker on my lips. Instead of delivering a maroon red shade on my lips based on how it looks in the tube, this gave my lips a straight red color which seemed lighter compared from the tube. It was indeed a dark red color but it leans more on the touch of pink and orange side.

On the other hand, in terms of glossiness, I learned that putting two layers of this lip gloss could create a glossy finish. And with that, it could help on making this color quite near to how it looks from the tube.

This actually feels moisturizing. Even if I wiped this off, I could still feel the moisture left on my lips. This keeps my lips feeling hydrated, soft, and smooth while I was wearing this.

I could confidently say that due to the intensity of the

pigmentation of this color, it could last for two to five hours even with heavy eating and drinking. I also noticed that when I wiped this off, this left a red tint on my lips. So, putting a tiny bit of this on lips could serve as a good lip tint also.

Lastly, I did not experience any lip irritation or allergic reaction from this product.

The Bottom Line I am quite disappointed that this shade did not turn out to be as dark as how it looks from the tube. However, I still like this. I would totally grab and use this whenever I will need an intense red color on my lips. I would definitely recommend this to other ladies, most especially for those who are fans of retro red lip look; this is a must have then for you.

Pros Cheap, totally pigmented, moisturizing, and long lasting.

Cons This is not as dark as the way it looks from the tube.

Would I buy this product again?

Sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111021419940328/k2311a0211/2.11.11