Jane Austen’s Persuasion. A Book  » Books  »
  • This book is not quite as dark and gloomy as its counterpart, but it definitely is a serious work that showcases Jane's talent
  • The first quarter of the book is apent really developing the characters and their pasts I think
  • Unfortunately while this part of the book is necessary tounderstand all the characters, it is quite hard to get through

• by webgirl40

Noted as Jane Austen’s last work Persuasion is perhaps one of my favorties of her novels. It is very quiet and somber in comparison to some of Jane’s other novels, with the noteable exception of Mansfield Park. This book is not quite as dark and gloomy as its counterpart, but it definitely is a serious work that showcases Jane’s talent.

I have to say that at first it was hard for me to read Persuasion. Tbis is not because

it is a particularly bad book, but rather because it starts off quite slow. The first quarter of the book is apent really developing the characters and their pasts I think. Unfortunately while this part of the book is necessary tounderstand all the characters, it is quite hard to get through.

I really liked this book. However, I have to say that I hated Anne’s father in Persuasion. He was a man with no money and entirely too ...

• much pomp for his station in life. I was very upset when Anne broke off her engagement to Captian Wentworth because of her families wishes. I hated that shw spent the following ten years wishing that she had stayed with him. However, I am glad that in the end everything worked out for Anne and Captain Wentworth. I was afraid through much of the story that it wouldn’t.

Overall I really like this book. It really spoke to me

about the importance of one’s own happiness and about the importance of knowing one’s spirit. I think that this book would be great for those who are experienced with Jane Austen. It is a wonderful old fashioned romance that carries a great message and a great plot. I have read this work several times and it is one of my favorites. It is one of those books that gets better and better each time that you read it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1711021419400328/k2311a0211/2.11.11