Boss DD3 Pedal
  • At first it took a while to get used to, but I quickly set up the levels and knobs the way I like them
  • I think it starts to get a bit digital sounding so it's best to set it at about 5 o' clock
  • I would certainly recommend this pedal if you need this effect

• by pango14762

I recently bought a cool new guitar pedal by the makers of Boss brand pedals. It’s called the Boss dd3 and it has an assortment of really cool features that many guitarists want in an analog delay. It has a mono and stereo output depending on the sound you want and four knobs for different settings. I really liked the way this pedal looks.

It was very small and didn’t take up much space in my rig. It was quite simple to get it setup and start using. At first it took a while to get used to, but I quickly set up the levels and knobs the way I like them. You can choose from the delay time which spans from 200 to 800 ms. This is good for the length of your note.

If you wan’t the note to appear in your mix then you use the level knob. I think it starts to get a bit digital sounding so it’s best to set it at about 5 o’ clock. There is a hold button as well, but it really serves no purpose but holds the note in ...

• Boss DD3 Pedal
      place. If you need a dry delay that isn’t apparrent much then set it at about 200 ms and put the level knob to about 2 or three o clock. This is perfect for the subtle nuisances of delay you hear in songs.

A big con about this pedal was the battery life. In about five times of using, the battery wore out and

the signal started to fade. I had to buy a duracell battery to keep it running again. I’m going to set it on my pedal board when I purchase it in a few weeks. I would certainly recommend this pedal if you need this effect. It runs for about one hundred and fifteen dollars new and they have even created updated versions of this pedal as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611021419130228/k2311a0211/2.11.11