Philips AJ3112 Radio Alarm Clock
  • When I do, I usually have to know what time it is so I consider a glow in the dark clock very important in my life
  • Being a present, I had no idea how much it had cost initially so I did a bit of research and found that it cost around £9.99
  • It is somewhat square shaped, but I usually prefer the circular ones since I think they look more stylish in that shape
  • With the Philips I got very good reception with little background crackling which I found so common when using other similar products
  • The radio can be bought from many stores including Amazon, Argos and Tesco Direct I must say I am very impressed by this radio alarm clock and I would confidently recommend it to anyone looking for one

• by tolstoy

The one electrical item that I would be extremely hopeless without is my digital clock radio. I usually have trouble sleeping and most times I wake up in the middle of the night. When I do, I usually have to know what time it is so I consider a glow in the dark clock very important in my life.

One of the Christmas presents I received a while back was a Phillips AJ3112 Clock Radio. Being a present, I had no idea how much it had cost initially so I did a bit of research and found that it cost around £9.99. I found this very surprising; I had expected it to cost much more than this.

This particular clock radio is looks very basic; it doesn’t look stylish at all. It is somewhat square shaped, but I usually prefer the circular ones since I think they look more stylish in that shape. When it comes to reliability, I have never

had any problems with this radio since I got it. It comes with a very long cable attached to it. I find this advantageous since it means that one doesn’t have to place it near an electrical outlet; you have a lot of liberty in that respect. It was surprisingly easy to find my favorite radio stations with this. I’ve had several radio alarm clocks in the past and most of the time I have found that sometimes it is very hard to get clear reception when it comes to some stations. With the Philips I got very good reception with little background crackling which I found so common when using other similar products.

This clock radio can be powered either by battery or mains electricity. It is a decent sized unit and does not take up much room on bedside tables, the commonest location of such kinds of electronics. My previous clock radio really irritated me as its alarm ...

• was very loud, but this one is very gentle and gives me less of a harsh wake up call than before. However, it’s not too quiet to be ineffective. You can choose to be woken up by the alarm buzzer or the radio.

It is very easy to set the time on this clock, and it is similarly easy to set the alarm time. This is because it has only the essential buttons and nothing more. The clock radio is not fancy at all but does a very good job and is quite reliable, and that is all I require of it. The clock’s digits are big enough to read and are very clear. At the same time I don’t find them too bright, which is a good thing since if they were they would hurt my eyes when looking at them in the dark. The radio can be bought from many stores including Amazon, Argos and Tesco Direct

I must say

I am very impressed by this radio alarm clock and I would confidently recommend it to anyone looking for one. I think Philips could have improved it to make it look a bit more stylish, but maybe that would mean increasing its price. Keeping in mind the fact that Philips is a leading brand in terms of electronics, I am very surprised that they could sell this product at such a low price and not compromise on quality. To me, it does not look cheap, just a bit too plain . Despite that fact, I find that it does a very good job, it has a quality radio reception and a decent alarm that is just right in terms of volume. To date I have never been let down by this clock radio. Though you could get one with better quality and more features than this one, personally I am satisfied with this because it does all that I need it to do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611021419050228/k2311a0211/2.11.11