TomTom GO 940 LIVE Navigation System  » Electronics  »
  • So I bought it because it fit and I was so far very satisfied with every Tom Tom
  • The device has, unfortunately, only has a 4 GB internal memory what I have to even be mentioned as a minus point
  • I paid about 400$ including a 12 month subscription
  • Since I have previously gained a lot of experience and so had comparisons to other Tom Tom devices, it had to face difficult circumstances and expectations
  • Overall, with good price and performance, I recommend it 100% with nine stars

• by pihunik

After more than 12 months of the trial, after trying all things,with many tours, updates, configuration, weather conditions etc, it is now time to write about my Tom Tom GO 940 Live Navigation system. Now many will imagine certainly, why only now, why test for over a year, when you can do it after 24 hours of use to write a review ……Well, I belong just to those who test everything as thoroughly, even at all, or at least to describe almost everything what is good and is not as good, or at least acceptable.

Why I bought the Tom Tom 940 Live?

I wanted something new that had no flaws. Moreover I drive a lot in Germany; therefore, a device must always be top, not only in the function of technology, but also on the operation and handling. The GO 940 Live, was thinner, had a better display, lane assistant, and a few other things favoring the purchase. So I bought it because it fit and I was so far very satisfied with every Tom Tom.

It is black; it is relatively flat, on the back of a fairly large speaker. The front is the large display, top right of the one-off button and this is also the “reset button”.

It contains Smart navigation with real-time information for frequent travelers and the latest maps of Western and Eastern Europe, USA and Canada, Tom

Tom IQ Routes - every day at any time of day the most optimal route, Tom Tom Map Share, simplified operation through brilliant 4.3-inch touch screen and voice control, improved lane guidance for easier orientation in blind interchanges, high-quality Blue-tooth hands free and an FM transmitter and MP3 player.

The device has, unfortunately, only has a 4 GB internal memory what I have to even be mentioned as a minus point. Surely you’re thinking “4 GB, that’s a lot” but that is wrong. Alone when one updates its software, which is already almost a must to be current, can mean several GB. The latest maps, my last update to 2.3 GB. So I had some applications that were not used constantly save on my PC to get space for the update to load. Advantage, however, one device can be upgraded with a Micro SD card to get more memory. I got an 8 GB micro SD card in it that is makes to storage of 12 GB. Yet it is enough, but I have no music, movies or pictures on my device very much.

If the battery is full it holds about 3 hours, and it is important then still on the way to use, the outside temperature and the resolution. Many ignore these important factors. Because I use only the GPS, it almost comes out with the 3 hours, if not ...

• constantly update the GPS or looking to be. Even if one listens to music, constantly looking for routes, etc. as well as the costs battery capacity. The battery is important especially when you are on foot or by bike.

Tom Tom puts great value on good workmanship and it was used only high quality materials. Clearly one should not throw the device on the floor or tread on it. Shocks or even a “trap” it can handle without major problems. Even the touch screen is because relatively insensitive.

For the care I can only say, it’s like a monitor. A reasonable cleaning cloth, wipe over it and the tool is like new.

About connecting to the car, it is not just big, it has to take a connecting cable to the charger from the cigarette lighter, plus it still has a suction cup that secures the bracket to the disk.

To use the device in the car, one should clearly use the holder and car charger cable to provide power to the device, short distances you can go without charging cable, because the battery lasts about 3 hours, yes. Unless one has the unit shear in the bracket and attached to the disk and entered the route, you can drive off. It is chosen depending on the setting the fastest route. It would be advantageous if an automatic adjustment to the lighting conditions selected,

which is possible thanks to a light sensor. If you are then in a tunnel, it gets a little darker and the contrast is increased. Sure, it fits then at night, just as in the tunnel.

I paid about 400$ including a 12 month subscription.

Over 12 months I have tested the Tom Tom GO 940 Live and I’m actually pretty happy with the Tom Tom. Since I have previously gained a lot of experience and so had comparisons to other Tom Tom devices, it had to face difficult circumstances and expectations.

In the processing and design, they launched a very good performance. The touch screen has become less sensitive; the graphics better, 2 or 3 D views allow broadcast without fatigue, even at night or just a day. It is also not as sensitive to glare when the sun shines for Strong, etc. All applications are perfectly arranged and queried which makes handling easier and to be much to look. The bracket is perfect again; they can be adjusted in all directions, even while driving.

Finally, I can only say, it turned out really well, it could have beaten all other navigation systems, it would have the “Emperor” in the navigation systems and will be able, if they had increased the internal memory, but I have to pull one out of ten stars. Overall, with good price and performance, I recommend it 100% with nine stars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611021419040228/k2311a0211/2.11.11