Breville Slow Cooker
  • I like the design of the Breville slow cooker
  • Although it was a cheap slow cooker compared to other brands, I don't think that cheapness is evident by looks alone
  • I love the fact that this is a basic slow cooker
  • I recommend that you get the bigger ones if you have a large family or entertain many visitors
  • I would most definitely buy another slow cooker of the same brand in future if the need ever arose

• by tolstoy

I’m not a very good cook. One of my friends recommended that I get a slow cooker since it can be used to make many meals with very little effort which to me is bliss.

I eventually got myself a Breville since it is a quality brand but manufactures affordable goods. Breville slow cookers come in three sizes (4.5L, 5.5L, and 60.5L). All the different kinds look the same and have similar features. The only difference among them is their capacity.

I like the design of the Breville slow cooker. The base is made of stainless steel, and has a thick crock pot inside it. The finish is made of simple glass lid with a black plastic handle. It is simply designed, but at the same time it has a classy look. Although it was a cheap slow cooker compared to other brands, I don’t think that cheapness is evident by looks alone.

I love the fact that this is a basic slow

cooker. You only have to plug it in and you are set. It has three settings (low, high and auto). They are pretty much self explanatory. I usually use auto unless I am in a rush and need it to cook quicker, when I use the high setting. When you use the auto setting, you can put something in it in the morning and come back in the evening to find your meal perfectly cooked. This is because auto cook cooks it and keeps it at the right temperature throughout the day.

The base has two large handles which enable you to move the cooker around even when hot. The crock bowl is very hot while cooking, but it cools within 10 minutes of being removed from the cooker. Meals can be served directly from the crock bowl or by transferring them to other plates.

By using the slow cooker, I have been able to diversify the kind of meals I can prepare.

• I have been able to do spaghetti bolognaise, chillis, roast dinners, curries and more with this slow cooker because it is just so hassle free for me. Before this, I had never used a slow cooker and now I can’t do without one. I am confident that I picked a winner when it comes to the Breville.

It extremely simple to use and does a very good job without too many fancy features which suits me just fine. Since it is very simple, it has meant that the price of the Breville is low. The 4.5L costs around £24.99, the 5.5L costs £27.99, and the 6.5L costs £33.99. I recommend that you get the bigger ones if you have a large family or entertain many visitors.

The product can be found in most supermarkets and electrical stores. It comes with a basic instruction manual which tells you all you need to know.

I am very impressed with the Breville Slow Cooker, and I

highly recommend it. I would most definitely buy another slow cooker of the same brand in future if the need ever arose. It is very simple to use and also looks very stylish. For what it is, it comes at a very good price and with Breville, you can be assured that you are getting quality goods. It can used it to cook many different kinds of meals and the bowl is large so it will hold a decent quantity of food. It is easy to keep clean and has helped me to be able to cook a larger variety of tasty meals. The lid is made of glass which is thick, and doesn’t look likely to break easily. The bowl is also sturdy. This cooker is of decent size and will conveniently tuck away into a corner. If you are interested in a slow cooker but don’t want to spend too much while still getting quality results, I would highly recommend this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610021418780628/k2311a0210/2.10.11