COWON iAUDIO 9 16GB mp4 player  » Electronics  »
  • Recently, my mp3 player broke, so I decided to get an upgrade and buy an mp4
  • I wanted the best one, quality wise, and not just some other fashion icon I could use to show off
  • I always do a lot of research before investing my money in something, and doing so I found the Cowon iAudio 9 16gb, a product which is rated very well by it's costumers
  • Like always, I bought the product from the mall, being too impatient to wait for an online order
  • Needless to say, I don't use many of it's features and find them useless, but I think I will find a use for them in the near future

• by shadowmike

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I just love music and always have a mp3 player with me. Recently, my mp3 player broke, so I decided to get an upgrade and buy an mp4. I wanted the best one, quality wise, and not just some other fashion icon I could use to show off. I wanted a product which would be practical and useful, the design wasn’t all that important. I always do a lot of research before investing my money in something, and doing so I found the Cowon iAudio 9 16gb, a product which is rated very well by it’s costumers.

Like always, I bought the product from the mall, being too impatient to wait for an online order. Arriving home and unpacking, I could see there were quite a lot of things inside the box. This particular mp4 player comes with sponges for ear phones, an USB cable, and quick start manual and a CD with the necessary drivers for your computer. I browsed the quick start manual

and figured out I have to install some drivers on my computer in order to be able to add music on my mp4. The installation is merely standard and doesn’t last too long. After wards, I connected my mp4 to the computer using the given USB cable and could already copy songs to it, using the simple drag and drop system, very practical.

You browse the menus using a touch sensitive area, which is below the actual screen. The menus are set up in a diagonal arrangement, making browsing them quite easy. A feature I just love is the fact that this mp4 has a side button which takes you directly to the main menu, very practical in some situations. Other functions I found since I bought the mp4 are the built in microphone which can be used for audio recordings. I have to admit, I don’t use it at all, can’t find a practical use for it. Another feature is that this Mp4 ...

• supports videos also, and despite the small screen, the videos are quite enjoying to watch. The multitude of colors is great, gives me that sensation I am using a smart phone. Also, I can save documents on this mp4. However, the small screen is not the best option for reading text documents, but works great as a memory stick, when I need to take a project to school or so I can just carry it on the mp4.

Unlike other mp4s, this one has a built in speaker, meaning I can listen to it without the headphones. I don’t really find a use for this, but it’s nice to have that feature. My mp4 came in black, but I believe it is available in different colors as well. Regarding the duration of the battery, it lasts quite a lot, I only have to recharge it once a week or so, and I use it on a regular basis. All this extra features do have a

price, I payed the equivalent of 160 dollars for this 16 GB version. There is also a 8 GB version which is fairly cheaper, and to be honest you will never get to use more than 3 GB of songs, so extra space is a waste. However, if you do need space you can just buy a microSD memory card which can be added to the mp4 in order to increase it’s memory.

Overall, this is a great mp4 which I like a lot. Although it has quite a demanding price, it has a lot of features that pay up for it. Needless to say, I don’t use many of it’s features and find them useless, but I think I will find a use for them in the near future. The sleek design make it a handsome looking mp4 as well, making it a good choice when buying a multi-functional mp4.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610021418700628/k2311a0210/2.10.11