ASUS X42JR-VX140D  » Computers  »
  • Although it is branded one, and featuring SRS Premium Sound, but I think my old laptop performed better in sound

• by robert838

ASUS already set itself to be a good price/performance brand, and this is my 2nd ASUS laptop. With the specification offered, the price is simply cheap. for just $849, you can get i7 processor with ATI 1gb videocard, and another techy specs. For me, this laptop is very helpful for any purpose. From design, mobile, gaming, and entertainment; all can be done here. This product comes up with DOS version, so you can save up a few bucks for choosing another operating system you wished for.

Come to the minus points; the

RAM memory is just 2GB, but it is upgradable up to 8GB, so I think you need to spend few bucks for upgrade, to meet your specification (I spent 25$ for another 2GB). The speaker on this laptop is also somewhat terrible for me. Although it is branded one, and featuring SRS Premium Sound, but I think my old laptop performed better in sound. The output volume is too low for me, so I try to connect it with my external speaker and increase the volume. BUT, it didn’t help anything. The voice ...

• isn’t clear and broke when the volume is too higher. So I think, I will use headset for the solution. Another minus point is the microphone and webcam. The built-in microphone isn’t clear, and it’s annoying.The webcam (since it’s only VGA) also terrible. It is very contradict when the manufacturer featured Smart Log-on system (to login with your face), so when I use the smart log-on it’s very hard for the software to detect my face, and I ended up with an usual log-on (with password).

The battery for normal using is just about

2 hours life. I think it’s normal, but for some people it’s still not enough. Then, the plus points. The fan isn’t noisy and functioned well, and for using with adapter this laptop doesn’t get high temperature quickly. It also support HDMI, which is very useful for me to connect it with my HDTV for watching 720p movies. I also like the body and the design of this laptop, which I think is strong and luxury enough.

So, the sum. This is a very valuable laptop (at least for now), if you can stand some minus points above.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1910021418640628/k2311a0210/2.10.11