Pantene Pro V Fine Hair Style Maximum Hold Mousse  » Health  »
  • I have found a few products that I do like the effects of– unfortunately most of them are expensive salon brands
  • I will never again pay more than five dollars for a mousse now that I know how well this one works
  • I recommend it to anyone who needs more volume in their thinning hair

• by reviewabit

I started losing volume in my hair noticeably in my late thirties. By forty, I hated my thinning hair. What was once a luxurious mane now required careful brushing and styling with a mirror to be sure none of my scalp was showing in the back. It is very upsetting.

I have tried all sorts of products, both salon and store brands, vitamins, chemicals, treatments, you name it. I have found a few products that I do like the effects of– unfortunately most of them are expensive salon brands. The last time I was shopping in Walmart, I stopped to take a look at Pantene’s new Pro V styling line.

I liked the look of it, and had used their products in the past. The fine hair mousse looked like

serious business… so for a mere four dollars and ninety nine cents, I bought the mousse. It never hurts to have an extra general purpose mousse even if it turns out not to volumize as well as promised.

The first time I used the mousse, I was pleased with the texture and fragrance of it. The smell is the same as most other Pantene products so I refer to it as the “Pantene fragrance. ” It was particularly potent in the mousse, which was ok because I happen to like the smell very well.

I applied a good puff of mousse to my towel dried hair, from the roots to the tips. I then blow dried my hair, upside down of course, and when I flipped my head back over I was ...

• in for a very nice surprise. This mousse volumizes every bit as well as Guts or any other product I have ever used for thinning hair.

I will never again pay more than five dollars for a mousse now that I know how well this one works. I read the ingredients to see if anything unusual or different was in there. It was pretty standard, except for the mention of chitosan.

I didn’t know that was good for your hair. I will have to look into that!

The next test was to see how well it held the style, which is part of its main duty. When I was finished using an InStyler on my hair and a few quick rounds with a curling iron, I looked like I did in

my twenties.

Well, at least my hair did. Very nice job, Pantene. It was a solid but brushable hold.

Throughout the day, I kept checking, expecting to see my hair do the pancake dance at any given moment– but the Pantene did its magic all day long. At the end of the day, it looked like I had just styled it. Somehow, whatever technology they use for volumizing the hair, manages to hold its own for hours and hours.

I was duly impressed!

With a great fragrance, excellent volumizing ability, and great hold, there is nothing not to love about this product. I recommend it to anyone who needs more volume in their thinning hair. Don’t pay more than you have to– try this one, it is worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410021418580628/k2311a0210/2.10.11