Pantene Shampoo Extra Straight 25.4 oz  » Health  »
  • I like to use a flat iron on it to transform it from a tumbleweed into actual hair
  • I thought since the Pantene claimed it would help keep hair straighter all day, that maybe it could assist my other products in keeping my hair in line for a few extra hours
  • Unfortunately, because my hair is thinning badly on top, I eventually switched to a shampoo for thinning hair
  • I would definitely recommend this for people wanting straight, sleek styles

• by reviewabit

When I saw that Pantene had a shampoo to make hair extra straight, I wanted to try it. I have liked Pantene shampoos in the past, so I expected good quality from them. I have frizzy, damaged and naturally curly hair. I like to use a flat iron on it to transform it from a tumbleweed into actual hair.

I use several products to do this, but still by the end of the day, some of the smoothness has left the building entirely and I have to re-touch it, which can be very damaging over time. I thought since the Pantene claimed it would help keep hair straighter all day, that maybe it could assist my other products in keeping my hair in line for a few extra

hours. The first time I used it, it performed up to the standards I expect from Pantene.

It smells wonderful, and the fragrance lingers on your hair. It makes a full, rich lather, thanks to the unfairly maligned sodium lauryl sulfate, and rinses clean leaving your hair feeling soft and well conditioned. After drying my hair, I noted that it did not give a lot of body, but this was probably to be expected for a straightening shampoo.

I added in my usual heat protection products and mousse, and got ready to flat iron. It was actually easier to iron my hair after using this. I am not sure exactly why, but maybe some of the “straightening” had already been prepared beforehand by ...

• the shampoo, and my hair just seemed very cooperative with the iron throughout the process.

I was very pleased with the way my hair looked when I was finished. The real test, of course, would be later in the day. I checked in about four hours and everything still looked good.

About eight hours later I was home for the night, and as I got ready to wash my face in preparation for bed, I saw in the mirror that my hair actually looked much the same way it did when I had just finished ironing it. That was pretty impressive. Whatever it is they use in salons to keep your hair looking good for hours after wards, must be in that bottle of shampoo.

Good work, Pantene.

/> Unfortunately, because my hair is thinning badly on top, I eventually switched to a shampoo for thinning hair. The Pantene straightening shampoo works great and does what it says– but it also tends to reduce the volume or rather the appearance of the volume in your hair.

I would love to be able to use it every day, so what I sometimes do it wash the top part of my hair with another shampoo which gives volume, and use the Pantene on the bottom and ends of the hair, which are the parts that I flat iron. This seems to work out pretty well most of the time. I would definitely recommend this for people wanting straight, sleek styles.

It does actually make a difference.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410021418490628/k2311a0210/2.10.11