Veronica Mars TV Show Season One Episode 21 “A Trip to the Dentist”  » TV  »
  • I did not expect it to happen like it did and I found the script and acting in it to be perfect

• by mamjess

I would rate Veronica Mars one of my favorite television series of all times. Sadly this show only made it four seasons. I watched it at the time it aired on tv but then did not watch it again for a few years. It has now been 6 years since this season first aired and while I remember bits and pieces of what happened in the story it is erased enough from my mind that as I am re watching it on Netflix it is all new to me. The only thing that is now dated about this show is the clothing and the cell phones, everything else is still perfectly relevant and would still be of interest to teens

today.

The first season of the show deals with Veronica Mars, the daughter of the former sheriff of a wealthy town who is now a private detective since he was run out of office. When he was sheriff Veronica was dating a popular boy and was best friends with his sister, Lily who killed. Soon after her murder Veronica’s mother leaves town. In this season Veronica has been trying to solve several mysteries. Where did her mother go? Who killed Lily? and who raped Veronica. Each episode gives us a little more information on all of these.

What sets this episode apart is we find out what happened at the party where Veronica was raped. We get bits and pieces ...

• over the episode and find out she was drugged at first, then we find out she had sex with her boyfriend consentually, then we get this hugely dramatic scene that has been building for the whole season where her ex admits he broke up with her and has stayed away from her because he can’t help loving her but he knows she is his half sister (which we have suspected but never knew he suspected). This scene was so well done. I did not expect it to happen like it did and I found the script and acting in it to be perfect. It was dramatic but I believed it.

Later we see her ex freaking out because she is now dating

his best friend. That was also a great scene. His pain is so evident even as he beats his car. This actor has not gone on to do much since the show but he really was a great actor.

Even though this was the second to last episode of the season, it had so much going on it could easily have been the last. Veronica’s mother shows up at the end, we learn about the rape and that it was not a rape and we meet the witness who proves the man in jail for Lily’s murder could not have commited it.

I give this episode a 10. It was funny, a little scary and dramatic all in one action packed hour.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1010021418300528/k2311a0210/2.10.11