Beyond Belief Berry Crisp hand and body lotion  » Cosmetics  »
  • The consistency of this lotion is slightly more runny than I like, but all in all it was not a bad experience, and I was left with a much more positive impression
  • I don't know that I would recommend buying this as a gift for someone, but it's actually a very nice alternative lotion if you just want something different now and then, either for yourself or to get someone's attention

• by Laura Gordon

I got this lotion as a gift, and my initial impression was one of mixed feelings. It smelled good, but it was at once way too strong. You unscrew the cap and take a whiff only to be assaulted by an explosion of berry-licious aroma. Again, not unpleasant but it rather leaves you reeling.

So for a long time, I avoided using this lotion, telling myself I would use when I ran out of my other standard

lotion, or take it with me to use on vacation, or use it at night if I needed, or some such scenario. But I never actually got around to using it that way.

And then I actually did run out of lotion, and was leaving on a trip the next day. I needed a quick fix, and lo and behold: there it was, that untouched bottle of Beyond Belief Berry Crisp. I grabbed it and put it ...

• in my back, thinking at least I would smell oh-so-pleasantly of berries my whole trip. It beat smelling bad in any way, so why not flaunt it?

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the actual use of this product. Yes, it filled the bathroom with thick perfume while I was applying it, but it wasn’t actually overpowering where it rubbed into my skin. The scent was there, but it wasn’t bad at all.

The consistency of this lotion

is slightly more runny than I like, but all in all it was not a bad experience, and I was left with a much more positive impression. Don’t let the strong scent scare you away! It’s actually quite pleasant! I don’t know that I would recommend buying this as a gift for someone, but it’s actually a very nice alternative lotion if you just want something different now and then, either for yourself or to get someone’s attention.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319021417250228/k2311a029/2.9.11