Apple iPad Model Number A1337 Tablet Computer  » Computers  »
  • What I love the most with my new iPad is reading books, especially novels
  • I know that the Mac store is earning lots of money from my book downloads, but it is just so fun to read books in this manner
  • The only problem is that when the sun is too strong outside, the screen has no way of adjusting to the bright light

• by RichieMogwai

What I love the most with my new iPad is reading books, especially novels. I know that the Mac store is earning lots of money from my book downloads, but it is just so fun to read books in this manner. Of course, the prestige associated with this handy gadget gets me too as sometimes I feel like a show off. However, when I get into shady areas of the city, I make sure I am not seen with it since it is so easy to grab from me. I also have not bought the proper casing for it yet, the one that would give enough protection, but I will certainly do that soon. This device is so slim and so small that there is a real danger of dropping it.

It was love at first sight which compelled me

to buy the Apple iPad. I just could not put it down; it simply had to come home with me. Besides, I thought it was about time. My Sony VAIO notebook is growing old and needs a companion. Besides, the price of the iPad has gone down, at $499, the offer was just irresistible. I am not one of those crazy ones who will buy such device when the was still way u there. I am so glad I waited, but to be honest, I did not expect the price to go down that quickly.

For someone who has been using an aging notebook computer for far too long, the Apple iPad is a true blessing. First, it is so light. It is only one and a half pounds and only a half inch thick.

• Since I travel around most of the time with the laptop in my computer bag or my back, now I have the option to just bring the iPad with me to the library or the Internet café, although I have this strange feeling that my VAIO still wants to tag along.

With its clarity and brilliance, I am having no problems with the iPad’s 9.7 inch screen. It is just perfect, especially when I am in the bus. I always find it awkward or excessively cumbersome to pull out my notebook PC while in transit, but with the iPad it is such a breeze. The only problem is that when the sun is too strong outside, the screen has no way of adjusting to the bright light. I just go blind. I had hoped that the device’s

LED backlit technology would help out a bit, but apparently not in this regard.

In effect, the iPad still uses LCD technology, with the only difference being that there is backlighting involved. As a result, the grey black has been totally eliminated. Every black looks vividly so, with absolutely no shades of grey at all. I also love it that I can watch movies and videos on any angle, except where the bright sun is concerned. The touch screen is very sensitive and point blank accurate, I just find this so incredible. It certainly helps me type much better. And best of all, it is so fast. I just do not know how Apple does it, but whatever Wi-Fi station I go to, I can always access the Web fast and easy. This device is a real winner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 199021417210228/k2311a029/2.9.11