BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone Cellular Phone  » Phones  »
  • Although I have tried bigger BlackBerry phone screens before, the Storm’s relatively smaller version (480x360) has 65,000 colors, which definitely enhances the resolution many times over in my opinion
  • Still, I can see images on this BlackBerry with amazing clarity
  • I still have a problem with the big difference in the sizes of the icons or buttons side by side with my notebook or Apple iPad tablet PC, but I guess this constant shifting from one device to another takes getting used to
  • I am slightly disappointed with the BlackBerry Storm’s 128 MB flash memory and the media card, which is only one gigabyte
  • I was trying to save on cost and if I was not, nothing would have stopped me from buying the BlackBerry Torch instead

• by RichieMogwai

I have used several BlackBerry smart phones in the past, but the BlackBerry Storm 9530 sure is one of a kind. It just feels so radically different from the earlier generation of Research In Motion (RIM) products. Just one of its many outstanding features is touch screen, which really makes my life a lot easier. I just love all this new technology. It is getting easier and easier. Although I have tried bigger BlackBerry phone screens before, the Storm’s relatively smaller version (480×360) has 65,000 colors, which definitely

enhances the resolution many times over in my opinion. My eyes are not as good as they used to be. In fact, I have not had an eye check up for a long time.

Still, I can see images on this BlackBerry with amazing clarity. The colors are so vibrant. The touch screen of this device is also very reliable. It rarely misses, from my experience. It simply fetches anything that I want to bring up on the screen with remarkable precision. I still have a problem with the big difference in the sizes of the icons or buttons side by side with my notebook or Apple iPad tablet PC, but I guess this constant shifting from one device to another takes getting used to. Hopefully, the learning curb will cure this adjustment, although I am inclined to think that my chubby fingers have a lot to do with it.

I am slightly disappointed with the BlackBerry Storm’s 128 MB flash memory and the media card, which is only one gigabyte. I find these figures too small, although ...

• BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone Cellular Phone
      I have not exceeded these yet. But as everyone knows pictures and video are such memory hogs and hence the available memory in this device will not last long in my opinion. Of course, I can always add on the 2-gigabyte media card, but that would be an extra cost to me. I was trying to save on cost and if I was not, nothing would have stopped me from buying the BlackBerry Torch instead.

What I have always loved with BlackBerry devices is the true Internet Explorer browser,

which is of course carried in this model. I do not think RIM will ever let go of this feature since this is one of the BlackBerry’s distinguishing marks. Although even HTC smart phones now sport this feature, many cellular phone manufacturers still stick to that WAP Internet interface which can only partially access the Web. As a whole, I am happy with my new BlackBerry, although I cannot help getting disappointed with the amount of memory in it. I can only hope that it will last me for a while.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 379021417200228/k2311a029/2.9.11