Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones MDR-NC7  » Electronics  »
  • I bought these from Wal-Mart for about $50, and they are okay quality for a pair of $50 headphones

• by Sarah Larson

I bought these from Wal-Mart for about $50, and they are okay quality for a pair of $50 headphones. First off - the sound is decent IF you turn the noise canceling feature ON. Otherwise, they sound like a pair of $10 headphones.

They do fold up nice and compact though. The case they give

you is a drawstring cloth pouch, makes me a little nervous when I throw them in my bag, since its not a hard case.

As for comfort-if you position them right, they are comfortable. The earpieces are flat - they do not cup your ear like many noise-canceling headphones.

It blocks outside noise partially by pushing the earpieces against your head. The hinge on the top can be uncomfortable if you have thin hair that does not pad your head.

As for the actual noise canceling: It does not block out the medium volume now and then noise in the room, but I did take a bus ride with these, and it ...

• Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones MDR-NC7
      blocked out the hum from the bus pretty well, I would assume they would act the same way on a plane. The headphones seem pretty sturdy.

The cord looks durable, and given all the hinges on these headphones, they look very sturdy also. The battery life is good, I got these about a month ago, and I

just had to replace the battery in them (but that is because I fell asleep with them on - on several occasions).

I would guesstimate a 50 hour battery length. The way I look at it, if you’re looking for the sound of a $300 pair of headphones, go buy a $300 pair.

But if you’re looking for moderate noise cancellation, these are a good bet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169021416980128/k2311a029/2.9.11