Movie: Saw the Final Chapter  » Movies  »
2.5
  • The best part, for me at least, was the return of Cary Elwes' character from the first movie
  • Normally, I wouldn't have much of a problem with this, especially since it was supposed to be in 3-D (we had the non-3D version)
  • But, it seemed as though the movie went more for the gross out element than the intelligent thriller element that made the franchise so successful and, as a result, I was a bit disappointed by it

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: The Saw movie franchise is finally brought to a close with this final installment which brings back some characters from earlier movies. What I liked about this movie: The best part, for me at least, was the return of Cary Elwes’ character from the first movie.

My wife and I have seen other Saw films

and always ask what ever happened to him.

We didn’t know if he survived or if he bled to death after cutting off his leg in an effort to escape that room.

I loved how they showed us the aftermath early on, re-introduced the character and then had him play a key role into ending the murders once and for all (or so we think, after all, Hollywood could decide to revive the franchise).

Oh, speaking of which, the ending was fantastic; mostly because it was so unexpected (which, honestly, it probably shouldn’t have been considering who was involved with it).

What I didn’t like about this movie: There was a lot ...

• Movie: Saw the Final Chapter
      of blood and gore in this film; more than any of the movies that came before it, I think.

Normally, I wouldn’t have much of a problem with this, especially since it was supposed to be in 3-D (we had the non-3D version).

But, it seemed as though the movie went more for the gross out

element than the intelligent thriller element that made the franchise so successful and, as a result, I was a bit disappointed by it.

My Final Opinion: It was a good way to end the franchise but the fact the movie wasn’t anywhere near as good as the original movie shows it was time to bring the movies to a final end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119021416920128/k2311a029/2.9.11