Sony ICD-PX820 Digital Recorder
  • Since it can hook up to the computer, it is convenient to be able to put audio files on it (even songs)
  • I like the different recording modes, up to High-Quality

• by Sarah Larson

After receiving this recorder for a gift as an upgrade to my old voice recorder (Sony ICD BX-700), I have come to find that this is a great gadget to have. (It was an upgrade, since this one connects to the computer. ) This recorder is lighter than the BX-700, and still has the same great hook-ups (mic,

headphones).

Since it can hook up to the computer, it is convenient to be able to put audio files on it (even songs). That’s nice in case you have to share a file on-the-go with other people.

On that note, for a little device, the speaker is very good. I am a coxswain on my college’s crew team, and I used this recorder to record and critique myself.

That being said, this has excellent playback and a good battery life. Also, I must add that this recorder is very hardy, as I once got the recorder thoroughly soaked with water, and after 2 days of airing out, it was in perfect functioning order!

• Sony ICD-PX820 Digital Recorder
      I just wish it had a memory card slot, but for ~$50, well worth the money.

The 2GB memory is great. It’s nice not to have to worry about running out of space too soon.

It runs on 2 AAA batteries-easy to get. I like the different recording modes, up to High-Quality.

Upon purchase,

the directions are great, providing tips for different recording situation. The hookups and buttons (mic, headphones, usb, volume, erase, hold) are in very convenient places along the sides, and won’t accidentally be pressed.

As for the front buttons, they are very convenient and in good places, so you can easily be able to know where they are and press them without having to look.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169021416910128/k2311a029/2.9.11