Somewhere movie  » Movies  »
  • Besides the sequence in which Johnny makes many laps with a Ferrari on a track just for us to see how bored he is, the next sequence is one of the best from this film
  • He only made great movies, I know you can’t tell me bad movies from Coppola
  • I recommend you to see this movie if you want to see something different

• by Brock

I’ve seen many bad movies lately. When I got to see “Somewhere” even if it was a movie for what I have waited a long time. I watched it from inertia.

But the movie got me on the wrong foot. Johnny Marco (played by Stephen Dorff) is a famous action actor who divides his time between alcohol, drugs and women on the one hand, and on the other hand, promoting his new film, interviews and

other commitments.

That is until Cleo appears his daughter, that needs some attention for a while, because her mother has problems to solve. Sammy is Johnny’s brother and he tries to get closer to Cleo.

The film hits you right away because the opening scenes are superb. Besides the sequence in which Johnny makes many laps with a Ferrari on a track just for us to see how bored he is, the next sequence is ...

• one of the best from this film.

Johnny is staying at the Chateau Marmont hotel- a popular legend for celebrities that want some fun. That is where John Belushi died, where Jim Morrison fell from the roof.

Sofia Coppola does not fall into the sins that others would probably have failed. She is pretty impartial.

Sofia being the daughter of Francis Ford Coppola, had little contact with the world and seems to have learned what

it takes. He only made great movies, I know you can’t tell me bad movies from Coppola.

Stephen Dorff was very convincing. He knew perfectly to be “stiff” and numb.

On the other hand, Elle Fanning is very expressive. Cleo was very vivid and expressive when she had to be, but also deeply worried about her father’s lifestyle.

An occurrence that made me laugh was Chris Pontius from Jackass. I recommend you to see this movie if you want to see something different.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119021416830128/k2311a029/2.9.11