Mr. Quickie Shoes and Bag Repair Shop  » Business  »
224 Shoe Avenue Extension, Sta. Elena, Marikina City, Metro Manila, Philippines
  • When I showed them the shoes, I was informed that the best way to make it last longer is to stitch up the sides which were previously held together by just a glue
  • The funny thing was that it would cost me about US$3.75 to have it stiched, more than a dollar than what I paid for it
  • Nevertheless, I don't think I can find another US$7 shoes that looked as good as mine did, and so I left it there to be repaired

• by LaPinay

Times are really hard these days and I try to cut corners where I can. In order to save money, I now take the time to have my bags and shoes repaired instead of replacing them with new ones. So when my newly-bought rubber shoes came apart at the soles after a single use, I hied off to the nearest Mr.

Quickie Shoes and Bag Repair Shop. I was having second thoughts at first because I just picked-up the rubber

shoes for about US$2.

50 (that’s right, no typo) in the year-end sale of World Balance. Times are tough and I really hate throwing things away that can still be repaired.

When I showed them the shoes, I was informed that the best way to make it last longer is to stitch up the sides which were previously held together by just a glue. The funny thing was that it would cost me about US$3.

75 to have it stiched, more than ...

• a dollar than what I paid for it. Nevertheless, I don’t think I can find another US$7 shoes that looked as good as mine did, and so I left it there to be repaired.

I was told that I could get it after an hour. This being a third world country, I was suspicious about her claim.

Almost no one respects time here. I was not that busy so I went to a nearby wet market and ran some more

errands while waiting for the shoes to be repaired.

When I returned an hour later, my shoes were ready! I could see that the stitching was neatly done and made my shoes look even better. The following day I took the shoes for test run to see if the labor was worth the money I paid for it.

The stitches held and are still holding now despite the pounding it gets from my rather large feet. It was money well-spent in my books.

quick note by anonymous :

How Ironic…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 419021416600128/k2311a029/2.9.11