Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies  » Food  »
  • I found out later that a single Voortman cookie is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth
  • Most of the time, I like to end my meal with something sweet
  • I do agree with its name Chunky Chips because each chocolate chip in every cookie is indeed chunky
  • At about US$2 a pack, I think this is a worthy alternative to Chips Ahoy

• by LaPinay

I admit that my family loves to eat the sweet stuff despite all the health warnings. Part of the grocery run is walking up and down the chocolate and cookies aisle to see what we have not yet tasted. My mother spotted this Canadian product called Voortman Chunky Chip and picked up a packet because as she said, it was new to her eyes.

Each 400g packet contains 21 servings as 1 cookie is equivalent to 1 serving.

The label says zero trans fat which of course really does not mean zero calories. At the back, the label says that each cookie contains 90 calories. Yayy, and I usually eat two every time.

Most people are familiar with Chips Ahoy so let me start by making a comparison between these two. Each Voortman cookie is bigger than a Chips Ahoy cookie. They are also on the crunchy side, unlike the soft doughy taste of Chips Ahoy.

• Finally, a Voortman cookie is much sweeter than a Chips Ahoy cookie. I found out later that a single Voortman cookie is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Which do I like better? It depends on my mood. Most of the time, I like to end my meal with something sweet. But my doctor has been telling me for years to quit this practice or at least lessen my sugar intake. I like Voortman because a single cookie

satisfies my lust for sweetness. Also, the crunchiness ensures that I eat longer and this is enough time to tell my brains that I am full. The softness of Chips Ahoy transmits this neural message longer and therefore I tend to eat more of it. I do agree with its name Chunky Chips because each chocolate chip in every cookie is indeed chunky. At about US$2 a pack, I think this is a worthy alternative to Chips Ahoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279021416590128/k2311a029/2.9.11