Loreal Preference Hair Color-Light Ash Blonde  » Cosmetics  »
  • What I like about this system is that the application is very easy
  • I love the conditioner that comes with this kit
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an easy and convenient way to color their hair at home

• by kaygen

The Loreal Preference Hair Color system is probably one of my favorites. The kit comes in a box, with a color chart on the back so you can compare the color of your natural hair. For instance, if your hair is dark brown, the chart shows the color it will be after coloring. Alternatively, if your hair is already blonde, you will get a different end result, and so on. This color chart comes in handy and is actually fairly accurate, although each person’s results will vary slightly.

Since I have already been coloring my hair blonde for several years, I only use this product on my roots as they grow in. The kit contains a cream and liquid that you mix together and apply to your

hair. That is the coloring part. It also has a tube of deep-conditioner for use after coloring. What I like about this system is that the application is very easy. After mixing the two components of the hair color and making sure they are thoroughly mixed, you just use the tip of the bottle to apply the product to your hair in sections. The product is a little thin, and tends to drip if you apply too much. But with some practice, you will find it quite simple to apply evenly to the hair.

After you color, you need to rinse the product out in the shower. This is probably the hardest part of the process since you really have to make sure that you ...

• have completely rinsed the product out, and it is time-consuming. Even when you think all the product is rinsed out, if you leave some in your hair accidentally, you will end up with sticky, tangled, damaged hair. Once hair is completely rinsed, you need to apply the deep conditioner. I love the conditioner that comes with this kit. First of all, it really does a great job of making hair super soft and manageable. What’s even better is the tube is big enough to last you more than one application. So, I usually use half the tube after coloring, and then save the other half to use after a week or so.

The coloring results with this kit always turn out well on my hair.

Since the blonde is an “ash” tone, it doesn’t look overly brassy when you are done like many other colors I have tried. The result is quite light, however, so keep that in mind if you are going to try this product. If you have very dark hair, this product might not be the right shade. The price for the kit is around $10, but it often goes on sale, so I stock up when I see it for $7 or $8. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an easy and convenient way to color their hair at home. I have had more success with this product than any other. Plus, you can find it at any drugstore or grocery store.

Vanessa says :

I have almost black hair and I use this I get away with doing this by first processing my roots with a blue powder bleach (L’Oreal Super Blonde is perfect), then applying this color to the roots (I also like champagne blonde by this same brand). Even though it is an ash blonde, I still have to combat the brassiness with a purple shampoo in between colorings. And of course a deep conditioner is a must - almost every day. The conditioner that comes with this is good, but you will need something even better (like K-Pak or It’s-a-10) if you’re doing a double-processing technique like me.

Getting from black to blonde takes some patience, but it is definitely possible, and this product can help you do it

kaygen says :

Yes, I still have to use purple shampoo from time to time to counteract the brassy tone that can appear. L’Oreal offers several hair coloring choices that can help achieve that super-blonde look I like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319021416460128/k2311a029/2.9.11