Fisher Price Take-Along Swing Set  » Baby care  »
  • In terms of safety, have never had a problem with it at all
  • As I have mentioned, it is my mother who bought this swing set so I did not initially know how much it had cost
  • I would very confidently recommend this swing because it really was fantastic, but I am struggling to justify such a big price tag

• by tolstoy

After my son was born, due to financial reasons, it was necessary for me to return to work part time. Fortunately for me, though, I have a huge family who were more than happy to provide me with assistance when it came to babysitting.

One day, I came back from work only to discover that my mother had bought my son a portable swing set. At that point in time I believed it was not really necessary to have bought it, but it actually turned out to be a godsend, mostly due to the fact that it is portable so it could keep the baby occupied even away from home.

She had bought a Fisher Price Take Along Swing. It is available in several different versions, my son had the “Planet” one. Basically, it is a baby swing that can be easily folded up and taken anywhere. The swing has some really awesome features and my son adored. It has five different swing speeds to offer the baby some variety and it can also play seven different melodies. One thing I

liked about the melody thing is that it also had volume control. It meant that I could turn down the volume when the baby was falling asleep. The swing’s seat is well-padded; it is very cushioned and similar to that of a baby’s car seat. It has a 3 point safety harness to ensure the baby’s safety.

The baby swing has a removable toy bar across the top; this can be taken off easily. The swing does need batteries and it takes 4XC batteries. These are not cheap but if you buy a good brand of batteries, they will most probably last a long before needing replacing.

The swing seat itself is very colorful and has a pretty picture of a lion on it. I found this very aesthetically appealing. I must say I was a bit concerned when I first saw the swing stand; it did not look very sturdy. My fears, however, were unfounded. In terms of safety, have never had a problem with it at all. Despite the fact that this sounds like a huge toy, it does ...

• not really take up a lot of room. It was really nice having a toy that could keep baby occupied for ages but at the same time being safe for the baby. You can put a baby in the swing and leave the room to do something, in the confidence that your baby can come to no harm.

As I have mentioned, it is my mother who bought this swing set so I did not initially know how much it had cost. At that point (when I didn’t know its price) I would have guessed it to be around £45.00. This would have made it very good value for money as we used it a lot and it was very handy knowing it was portable. However, I was a little surprised to find that it actually cost nearer £75.00. I would very confidently recommend this swing because it really was fantastic, but I am struggling to justify such a big price tag. Personally, I would pay a lot for it; it was a very good quality swing with a lot of features

and was really safe, but I would not pay more than around £50.00 for it.

Ours was bought from Mothercare (which is a premium shop), so if you are looking to purchase an item such as this, I would suggest shopping around online to see if you could get it cheaper from somewhere else.

Myself and my family got a lot of use out of this swing set. The fact that it is portable was a godsend to us. It has a very comfy seat and has a gentle swing to it. It is very safe and works well. I find the volume control very handy as you can turn the volume down when the baby is falling asleep. I would recommend this swing as it is a handy item to have for a newborn. It is recommended for 0-6 month old babies, and I would say this is about right.

The only negative aspect to this swing that I can come up with was the high price tag. Apart from that it is very hard to find anything else wrong with this swing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 549021416291228/k2311a029/2.9.11