Goody’s Extra Strength Cool Orange Flavor headache powders 24 count  » Medicine  »
  • You know they must work well, since they have been around for ages, and have extremely loyal customers who are willing to swallow powdered aspirin, which is not a particularly pleasant experience
  • I found these in a drug store, and bought them right away, even though I had not had a headache in quite a while
  • I like to keep something on hand just in case
  • Before tilting my head back to deposit the powder as far back on my tongue as I could possible get it, I decided to taste it intentionally first
  • I would highly recommend these powders– especially the orange flavor

• by reviewabit

I have occasional migraines, as well as “regular” tension or sinus headaches. One medicine I have come to rely on for treating them quickly is a headache powder. Goody’s and BC both make a product that consists of aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine in a powder form which goes straight into the system and starts to work faster than any tablet of capsule. The caffeine in the product especially helps with migraine pain.

You know they must work well, since they have been around for ages, and have extremely loyal customers who are willing to swallow powdered aspirin, which is not a particularly pleasant experience. Although it is over quickly, the last

thing you want to taste is something like aspirin when you already don’t feel well, especially if a migraine is making you nauseous. You almost have to have a drink available to choke these down.

Although it is not necessary, it is highly advisable, since the powder not only leaves an awful taste, it can drift into your windpipe and cause you to cough. Washing it down quickly with water or another drink works best. After all the years they have been in business, finally– Goody’s decides to make a flavored powder! It’s about time! I found these in a drug store, and bought them right away, even though I had not had a headache in quite a while.

I like to keep something on hand just in case. The first person to try them in my household was a guest. He had a headache, and I had the unopened box.

This person had never tried a headache powder, and had thought they were just some old folk’s remedy that didn’t really work any better. I made a believer out of him. I explained my method for swallowing the powder without having to taste much of it– and he tried, but managed to get some of it on his tongue anyway.

He didn’t seem ...

• Goody’s Extra Strength Cool Orange Flavor headache powders 24 count
      to think it tasted bad at all though. After an hour, his headache was gone. I finally got the chance to try them after a grueling day at the dentists office left me with a mild migraine.

Before tilting my head back to deposit the powder as far back on my tongue as I could possible get it, I decided to taste it intentionally first. I was surprised to find that the orange flavor they added was actually very helpful. If you have ever chewed an orange flavored baby aspirin, this is exactly what it tastes like.

It wasn’t a flavor you would crave, because you could

still detect the aspirin aftertaste, but it was much more tolerable than the unflavored. I believe an advantage to these is that you might not necessarily have to go out of your way not to taste this product like you tend to do with the original formula. You could even get away without using a beverage, as you could just dissolve it into your own saliva.

This makes the product much more portable and convenient. I don’t know why they didn’t do this ages ago. I would highly recommend these powders– especially the orange flavor.

They are inexpensive, work fast, they work well, and these are not so unpleasant to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 268021415761028/k2311a028/2.8.11