Borim Black Therapy 9 Bamboo Charcoal Soap with Bamboo Carbon 3.5oz  » Health  »
  • These were two ingredients totally unfamiliar to me, and I love to try new things
  • While I did not really experience any problems with dry skin while using it in the summer months, I think It would be a little too strong to use in the winter months
  • Fortunately, I decided that would not be a kind thing to do to myself, and the black soap did a great job of getting all that goop off my back
  • I would recommend it for anyone with acne or oily/combination skin

• by reviewabit

I have combination skin, a touch of occasional adult acne, and several allergies which flare up from time to time and make my skin sensitive and red. I’m always looking for the perfect cleanser for summer time, when my skin tends to be oilier and more acne prone. In winter I generally use a cream cleanser, but in summer I can tolerate more astringent cleansers and even soap. Someone else who had combination skin told me to try activated bamboo carbon soap, so I looked into it and ended up ordering this product from Borim.

This soap has activated bamboo carbon and bamboo vinegar. These were two ingredients totally unfamiliar to me, and I love to try new things. It’s a natural product, with no artificial ingredients or fragrances.

Supposedly, the soap is hypo-allergenic, antibacterial and anti inflammatory.

All of those things are good for oily acne prone skin– but I wondered if it was going to dry out my skin. The soap itself has a very attractive look– it is solid black and almost looks like a piece of stained wood when you first see it.

The fragrance is a woodsy-tree-sap kind of smell, (my interpretation, anyway) and is unusual but not unpleasant. It lingers for a while on the skin but is not overpowering. I first tried it out when I had a particularly “oily” day, having worn full make up and sweating outside in the heat.

The lather was impressive– very rich and creamy. It felt gentle on the skin, and while rinsing I could tell that is did a very good job of cleansing the oils off. I was a bit concerned ...

• that it would be too drying, but after I dried my face, it just felt pleasantly tight and very, very clean.

I followed with my toner and moisturizer. I have to say, while I used the soap, I did not have very many acne problems, and when they did arise, usually after having a sweat-fest, they seemed to heal quickly. The scent took a bit of getting used to, and that is probably because I perceived it as a more masculine scent.

Obviously, this is a great “guy soap” for any med with acne prone skin. While I did not really experience any problems with dry skin while using it in the summer months, I think It would be a little too strong to use in the winter months. Once when I had a bad acne breakout on

my shoulders because of some very greasy sun block product I borrowed, I asked my partner to please scrub my back with the black soap using a loofah.

My back was a greasy mess- I had actually considered using Dawn dish detergent on it! Fortunately, I decided that would not be a kind thing to do to myself, and the black soap did a great job of getting all that goop off my back. The acne healed up quickly as well– with the help of the soap and some tea tree oil. I think this is a very nice product, and I would consider using it again in the summer months.

I would recommend it for anyone with acne or oily/combination skin. It seems to be able to handle the oiliness without stripping the dry part of the skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348021415670928/k2311a028/2.8.11