Apple iPod Nano ( 6th Generation )  » Electronics  »
  • The good thing is that it has a clip which you can use to make it more convenient while enjoying music
  • I find the 5th generation cool but I was not so impressed why they loose it with this 6th generation
  • The features in the 6th generation is what sets apart and the best advantage is the touch-screen capability

• by ibizaspain

There has been a significant change in iPod Nano and this product ( 6th Generation ) is one big revamp.

My original iPod classic broke because I have not been well aware of the do’s and don’ts of an iPod so I wanted a replacement. I have already an iPhone 4 and it can have the same use as you iPod because it can store music and you can listen from it. I was looking for a gadget where I can just store music and all the tracks in my music cds. It was too unruly to integrate everything in your iPhone. The Sony Walkman NWZ-W252 that I have was not too fashionable to carry when you are traveling and it was exclusively for jogging or exercise. I did not want to spend

too much on this gadget so I opted for iPod Nano because it was not too ordinary like shuffle since it has a screen.

The Nano has come a long way of revision in terms of its features and appearance. The 6th generation is shortened in term of its appearance and it looks like the old shuffle although bigger. The size is not admirable for me. It was like too ordinary to have this size and it feels like iPod Shuffle if it was sans the screen on top. If this was a different variety like how they market iPod Nano before, they should have resized it differently to mark it as unalike from iPod Shuffle. What better way to let the consumers distinguish other than the size?

Another thing I complained about the ...

• size is the difficulty to hold being too diminutive. The good thing is that it has a clip which you can use to make it more convenient while enjoying music. This also comes in multi-colors which again is a close similarity to iPod Shuffle.

I did not like how they erased the more suitable and modern feature of mic and camera in the 5th generation. It was very good to have these features because for the first time it has a feature which is not related to its main purpose. I find the 5th generation cool but I was not so impressed why they loose it with this 6th generation.

However, albeit the size and erasing the cam and mic, I am still happy with this gadget because ultimately, it boils down to

how modern the gadget is. I would prefer more complete and modern features. Though the size is reduced, the screen is not because this is already is touch-screen. It is similar to iPhone where you can swipe the screen if you want to check some of the widgets. I was also happy that the touch-screen is capable of multi-touch and you can customize your main screen.

Even if they scrapped mic and camera in this 6th generation iPod Nano, they provided an FM radio which is a good alternative especially if you feel boredom with your list of music.

The features in the 6th generation is what sets apart and the best advantage is the touch-screen capability. Even if this was too short, too small and too similar, the integrated modern features are winning me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 168021415650928/k2311a028/2.8.11