Huawei Ascend Android Phone from Cricket  » Phones  »
  • I thought the phone was a little pricey, considering it cost about 175 dollars
  • I have also enjoyed using the Documents to Go application, which comes preloaded on the phone
  • Also I found that if you have too many applications running at one time, it can make the phone move slow as well
  • I think that this phone could also have a better memory
  • The camera is not the best, but can be clear if taken in the right lighting

• by adrean_j

I wanted to get a better phone so that I could browse the internet more easily. I had heard pretty good things about the Android phones, but did not want to commit to a contract. I then decided to go with the Huawei Ascend Phone from Cricket. The phone was sleek and had a touch screen. It fit perfectly in my hands and was pretty easy to hold.

I thought the phone was a little pricey, considering it cost about 175 dollars. However it was still inexpensive compared to buying other android phones without a contract. The plan was only 55 dollars a month and I got unlimited calling, text, and data. I initially was very happy with

the phone.

It had a total of nine different home screens that can be used to fill with applications. I also like the fact that this phone has many free applications that can be downloaded. I have found different apps that allow me to do things that I never thought a phone could do. I have found myself enjoying the guitar app, which allows me to simulate playing an actual guitar.

I have also enjoyed using the Documents to Go application, which comes preloaded on the phone. This application allows me to work on my Microsoft office documents from my phone. The things that I don’t like about this phone is that it sticks on screens sometimes for entirely too long. It seems that sometimes webpages and applications will load at lightning speed, while other times they lag.

Also I found that if you have too many applications running at one time, it can make the phone move slow as well. I think that this phone could also have a better memory. Luckily it comes with a 2 GB memory card. It is a good start, but my husband still managed to use up all of his space in one day.

It is best to get at least an 8 GB memory card with this phone, if you plan on downloading media. There were two things that really frustrated me about the phone. The first thing ...

• Huawei Ascend Android Phone from Cricket
      is that I found myself having to press the buttons on the screen multiple times before it will even press. I also noticed that I would have to press really hard in some areas.

The other thing that I did not like about this phone is that you cannot send video messages over five seconds. This is really a problem. I don’t think anyone would expect a smartphone to not be able to do something as simple as that. The camera is not the best, but can be clear if taken in the right lighting.

I think the Huawei Ascend is better than a lot of phones I have owned, but could be better. I can watch short

videos and listen to internet radio all day, which is a plus. The battery does not last very long, and I find myself needing to charge my phone at least twice a day. Using media can quickly drain the battery.

I think that the battery should be much stronger. I set my alar m at night with the battery ¾ full and when I wake up it, will be low and needing to be charged. It can be charged on the computer or through the charger adapter that cam e in the package. I think this is a good smartphone, considering no contract was involved.

I think that people will enjoy it, but don’t expect too much from it.

ira ramsey says :

I can receive my emails from yahoo anymore on the Ascend. What can I do to remedy this problem?

Jules Li says :

Ira, you should first check to see if you’re able to access the internet. If not, you know you have a problem with all data services. However, if it’s only with the e-mail, it’s likely to be caused by the email settings. Go into your email settings and delete the yahoo email account and then re-set it up. This usually helps if the issue is related to settings.

Siawa Mad says :

I have used it for a long time still have. It is very good for browsing and playing games I have very few data in it, So device never lags. Hop you enjoying with this mobile phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378021415490928/k2311a028/2.8.11