Russel Hobbes Essential Hand Mixer  » Housewares  »
  • I used to own a Tesco Value Hand Mixer, but it eventually stopped working and instead of having it fixed, I decided to buy myself a new one
  • I like the fact that it never seemed to vibrate too much meaning it was much easier to control
  • It currently costs £9.99 from and I think that is value for money as it is a good brand
  • I have been very impressed with the Russell Hobbs Essential Hand Mixer and it comes with a recommendation from me
  • Granted, it doesn't come with a huge host of features, but if you are in the market for a cheap and simple hand mixer that gets the job, then I would definitely suggest that you consider this one

• by tolstoy

I usually buy cheap kitchen appliances. To me, they seem just as good as the major brand names and, most of the time, for a mere fraction of the price.

I used to own a Tesco Value Hand Mixer, but it eventually stopped working and instead of having it fixed, I decided to buy myself a new one. I decided to go for a different brand, and was pleased to see a Russell Hobbs available for a reasonable price.

I went for the Russell Hobbs Essential Hand Mixer. It is very basic, but I figured that if I got a good quality make, then it would probably last longer than my previous. It is white with a very large handle which is easy to grip. It

came with the usual two beaters which attach to the bottom of the unit by snapping them into position. Other mixers come with more attachments, but with this particular type,this is all you get. It has 5 speed settings (which was impressive as my previous mixer had only three). Its top speed was also more powerful than the Tesco mixer too. It wasn’t too noisy; it was noisy considering its a hand mixer, but not unbearably so. I like the fact that it never seemed to vibrate too much meaning it was much easier to control.

The most impressive aspect of this mixer, at least according to me, was its price. It currently costs £9.99 from and I think that is value for money as it ...

• is a good brand. Though it’s cheap, you can tell that it is of a higher quality than the Tesco Value one.

The mixer is smooth and consistent, it doesn’t feel jumpy at all, meaning you get less of a mess. The other feature of this mixer is its Turbo boost button. I haven’t found a need for this (yet) since as of now the top speed is plenty sufficient for me.

Another thing I like about this mixer is that it is quite lightweight too. If you happen to use it for a long period of time, you don’t find your arm getting tired of holding it. Despite this, however, it doesn’t have a cheap feel or flimsy feel. It very sturdy and robust and

I am confident that it will last a long while.

I have not used this mixer for too long, but thus far I have no negative things to report about it. It has proven to be extremely reliable and does a decent job. Even its attachments are dishwasher friendly.

I have been very impressed with the Russell Hobbs Essential Hand Mixer and it comes with a recommendation from me. It is basic, (and this is mirrored in the price), but it gets the job done and is reliable. Granted, it doesn’t come with a huge host of features, but if you are in the market for a cheap and simple hand mixer that gets the job, then I would definitely suggest that you consider this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538021415420928/k2311a028/2.8.11