Samsung Star S5320  » Phones  »
2.5
  • Also, I thought that the colors were so vibrant and amazing
  • One other thing that initially impressed me was the 3.2 Megapixel camera
  • I thought it was wonderfully loaded with all these camera features and options
  • In the end, I grew impatient with it, and I decided to buy a new phone for the more practical functions

• by happykk

I got my Samsung Star S5320 as a freebie for my mobile phone plan. At first I was excited since it was going to be my first touch screen phone. It was slim and sleek, and it easily fit in my pocket. I thought that it was so cute!

At first I was amazed at its wide display. Also, I thought that the colors were so vibrant and amazing. After all, it’s a Samsung phone. I was also in awe of the fact that the diplay was motion-sensitive.

You can turn it right up or sideways, and the display would follow. If you are trying to compose a message and you turn it horizontally, you’ll have a QWERTY keyboard.

One other thing that initially impressed me was the 3.2 Megapixel camera. It had quite a lot of scene modes to choose from (it even had a sports mode for fast moving objects) aside from color tone modes and white balance settings. It also had a smile shutter that would focus on the faces of subjects. You ...

• can even take panoramic shots! I thought it was wonderfully loaded with all these camera features and options.

As I used it for more practical functions such as sending messages and taking calls, it proved to be quite difficult to handle. The touchscreen was not responsive at all points, and navigating the different menus was quite confusing. Changing the settings also proved to be quite confusing. I also didn’t like that it was not WiFi enabled. The home screen was confusing with all the widgets. I never quite

figured out how to easily switch from the radio to the MP3 player.

In the end, I grew impatient with it, and I decided to buy a new phone for the more practical functions. For a few months, I used it solely as a camera. Eventually I sold the unit to a friend.

Perhaps it was because it was Samsung’s entry level touch screen phone that’s why it’s practical aspects have not been fully polished yet. If not for the camera, I’d give the Samsung Star a 3.0 rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378021415400928/k2311a028/2.8.11