Album : Charles Bradley - No Time For Dreaming (2011)  » Music  »
  • I got a copy of this due to a recommendation from a good friend in the music biz that knows my taste pretty well and always seems to introduce me to things i like
  • When i got home and started listening to it i was pretty sure that it was a re-issue of some obscure STAX records era Soul album that i had never heard about
  • So again i called my friend and thanked him for the experience but reminded him that i was looking for new stuff, not re-issue stuff
  • In that regard he is so right, this album is amazing on all fronts and not since the early seventies has there been an album that so closely resembled the golden age of Soul music as this one does
  • I hope a lot of people go and check this album out, i really enjoyed it and have since recommended it to a few others that have instantly fallen in love with it

• by ZEEZEEDawson

I got a copy of this due to a recommendation from a good friend in the music biz that knows my taste pretty well and always seems to introduce me to things i like.

when he told me to seek this album out i had to call him to make sure i had the right one in my hand before buying it

as the cover looked like an old LP Vinyl cover from the sixties. He assured me it was the right one and so off i went.

When i got home and started listening to it i was pretty sure that it was a re-issue of some obscure STAX records era Soul album that i had never heard about. So again i called my friend and thanked him for the experience but reminded him that i was looking for new stuff, not re-issue stuff. Well imagine my surprise when he told me that this album is totally new and that Charles Bradley may just be the next big thing in the Soul music world.

In that regard he is so right, this album is amazing on all ...

• Album : Charles Bradley - No Time For Dreaming (2011)
      fronts and not since the early seventies has there been an album that so closely resembled the golden age of Soul music as this one does. Charles Bradley sounds like a mix between Ray Charles and James Brown and the conviction in his singing, and the pure motion that pours out of every word is pure bliss.

Musically, think James Brown but with

a little less funk. It sounds very retro, but with the obsession of new bands sampling older funk & soul records this stuff would actually be pretty relevant to today’s popular music landscape.

I hope a lot of people go and check this album out, i really enjoyed it and have since recommended it to a few others that have instantly fallen in love with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148021415270928/k2311a028/2.8.11