Blackberry Storm 1 9530  » Phones  »
  • I bought the unlocked version of the Blackberry Storm 1 9530 cellphone and I am happy with the purchase
  • It might be a problem to people with bigger fingers but you can switch the phone horizontally to have better access to the keys

• by Miss Hana Banana

I bought the unlocked version of the Blackberry Storm 1 9530 cellphone and I am happy with the purchase. I have AT&T and my phone got stolen so I had to purchase another phone without a contract. I got mine for $200 off craigslist and it was brand new. The phone is very efficient and fast.

I’ve had a couple of blackberry phones in the past but since I switched to the iPhone, I have gotten used to the touchscreen interface. The blackberry storm 1 is the cheapest I can get. The phone came with an 8GB memory card which you can replace if you need more space.

I was kind of surprised

of how the touchscreen works. If you are used to the iPhone interface then you will be weirded out as well. This phone has a “push-screen” interface where the whole screen clicks as you push it. Soft touch woud not work, it only highlights the icons but does not do anything. When you push it, the whole screen is pushed like a keyboard then you will see the action. It took about a week to get used to it but you get the hang of it.

I have really tiny hands and the keyboard works for me. It might be a problem to people with bigger fingers but you can switch the ...

• phone horizontally to have better access to the keys. The screen resolution is fantastic, the display is really crisp. The camera resolution is only 3.2MP but it works well with the flash. The battery lasts for about two days. It came with two games, brick breaker and word mole and I just love to see how far blackberry has gone with improviing their phones. I had the pearl and the curve before and the resolution was just awful. Blackberry is actually not too far behind from the latest phones in the market. They have come up with a great phone that showcases fun features besides just being popularly known good for email.

The only downside about the Blackberry 9530 is that it is not wi-fi capable. I have AT&T and this is a verizon certifie phone so I am not able to access AT&T’s 3G service. If only I can use the wi-fi then I am able to take advantage of the full features of this phone. For now I only use it to call ad text, but no data.

Blackberry has come up with the Blackberry Storm 2 that is almost exactly the same as the Storm 1 but is wi-fi capable. I guess phone manufacturers will never put all the good stuff in one phone so that consumers continue to buy their new products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378021415170928/k2311a028/2.8.11