Thermalon Moist Heat or Cold Sleeve for hand, wrist or elbow  » Health  »
  • The only problem with it was that sometimes all the beads shifted their way to the bottom
  • It’s easy to just move them back around to the top, but would be much more convenient if you didn’t have to
  • Even with that issue, I absolutely love the sleeve
  • We found a rather interesting alternative use for the sleeve
  • I would highly recommend these to anyone who has a problem with their elbow or arm and could use some heat therapy that doesn’t tie you down to the bed

• by reviewabit

I am a big fan of microwave heat packs. I have various kinds, for the back, shoulder wraps, hands and feet. I love them! I have fibromyalgia and they are a lifesaver for me. When I lifted a heavy cat litter pail and aggravated an old elbow injury, I tried wrapping my elbow up in one of my longer wraps, but it wouldn’t stay in place, especially during the night.

I got an email from a relative who had found this product on Amazon, and I ordered it right away. It is perfect, and a lovely addition to my collection of microwave heat therapy. This is a thick sleeve, filled with little beads that heat in the microwave for just a couple of minutes, and stay warm for at least forty minutes,

sometimes longer.

Unlike a wrap around type, this stays put. You can slip your arm into it and even keep up with your regular activities instead of laying around covered in a hot pad. Since cold aggravated the pain in my elbow, I liked to heat this up and wear it while I drove my car on cold mornings.

Every night, I would heat it before bed to help the arm relax. I could still read my book without having to rearrange a heated pad constantly. And once I fell asleep, I could turn over without dislodging anything from its position.

This really helped my arm while it was healing. The only problem with it was that sometimes all the beads shifted their way to the bottom. They should make one that is ...

• quilted so that it holds pockets of the beads in place, since gravity will inevitably make them fall under the arm.

It’s easy to just move them back around to the top, but would be much more convenient if you didn’t have to. Even with that issue, I absolutely love the sleeve. We found a rather interesting alternative use for the sleeve.

When I found a little mouse in my house, I felt so sorry for it, I ended up keeping it. It was thin and looked to be very young. It shivered a bit– probably with fear rather than cold, but I thought if it had a warm place to hide in, away from human hands for a bit, it might help it to feel better.

Yes, I did actually

warm up the sleeve (only slightly though, I didn’t want to burn the little guy) and let him crawl in there. I am pretty sure he loves it as much as I do. He didn’t come out for three hours.

I think this would be a fantastic product for people who play sports– in fact I just talked a friend who plays golf into buying one, because he says his arm starts to hurt during the game. He had been using cremes on it, but those only mask the pain. The warmth actually helps to relax the muscle and loosen up the joints.

I would highly recommend these to anyone who has a problem with their elbow or arm and could use some heat therapy that doesn’t tie you down to the bed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347021414891228/k2311a027/2.7.11